Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone who has used MSD 32079 universal wires, please help!

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 04:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone who has used MSD 32079 universal wires, please help!

How on earth do you get the darn things to snap on to the coil packs? I cut everything to the length I want it, and crimped the ends on. I got the boots on too, I used electrical contact cleaner/lubricant spray and they slid right on. Anyways, I cannot get them to "click" on at the coil! At first I realized the seal was so tight that the air pressure inside was holding the wire back, so I used a small screwdriver and let the air out of the boot. I got the boot to seat all the way, but for the life of me I cannot get ANY of the wires to click on. I used the little black guides to go over the tip of the conductor too. Any ideas, or do you think they are fine?
Old 04-07-2009, 06:34 PM
TECH Regular

Do you have the lt ends?Regular Distributor ends don't fit ls1 coils.
Old 04-07-2009, 08:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Magic Man
Do you have the lt ends?Regular Distributor ends don't fit ls1 coils.
I know, the kit is designed specifically for LT1 and LS1 engines. It has the proper connectors.
Old 04-07-2009, 11:09 PM
TECH Regular

Ok after rereading your post and thinking about mine the wires don't clink on the coils.If you look at coils the are a straight pin that the connector grips as it is slid on.I did pull the boot back a little got wire on pin and then pressed wire and boot on coil.I was somewhwt concerned about this but have not had any problems.Hope this helps if it has anything to do with your situation.
Old 04-08-2009, 04:40 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Did you slide on the small black plastic pieces that go over the tip of the coil connectors? They line up the center part so it will snap on. It took me a few minutes to figure out how to get them to work correctly, too. Slide the boot back farther than needed. when the wire snaps in place, slide the boot back up where it shoud be. I had to use lubricant to make the boot slide easier.
Old 04-08-2009, 03:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

I looked into it, and here is what I came up with:

The crimped end is not small enough to fit inside the terminal on the coil. I slid the boot back, and tried to get it to connect. The damn thing wouldn't go in! I don't know if I didn't crimp the ends right or not, but it is damn irritating! I'm sitting in the water til I get this figured out

Quick Reply: Anyone who has used MSD 32079 universal wires, please help!