Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whats wrong with my car?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2003, 10:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Whats wrong with my car?

I go to start it up the other day and nothing. All the gauges light up, and the fuel pump starts but it doesnt make any other noise than that. First time it did it we played with the wires connecting to the starter and it started. (Note: The wires were all perfectly secure, and it has been error free for over 2 months since I changed my headers and removed the starter) Then it happened again about a week later (Also note: During the week it started fine), messed with the wires and still nothing. Was able to push start it, when I got home I was able to turn it off and turn it back on again with the key.

Any Ideas?!?!
Thanks
Old 10-25-2003, 11:34 AM
wrencher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Basically a no crank condition, if it's a M-6 the clutch switch can be a problem.

A-4 could be neutral safty switch.

Possible the pass-key reader in the ignition switch is faulty.

More accurately the wiring to lock cylinder breaks , cause the wires are so small.

You can test for this problem w/a ohm meter just have-ta find the harness connector at base of coulmn.

Then disconnect & test ohms w/key in.

Should get same reading in ohms as key pellet.

Do a site search on this I among others have posted on the pass-key, there are ways to by-pass the reader if found faulty.