Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Loudmouth On Its Way- Few Q's, CME

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2003, 01:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Loudmouth On Its Way- Few Q's, CME

Hi, I just purchased the loudmouth cat back system and am waiting for it in the mail and have a few questions. 1. I currently have the CME on my car and want to keep the tips on the car and the old exhaust intact. Can I remove my old catback without cutting it above the axle? 2. If possible I would like to do the job in my driveway, I do weld but NOT exhaust. I was wondering if I would have to weld(get a shop to do it for me) the exhaust together where it meets the elbows for the CME or could I just use some clamps like on the rest of the system. Also I would appreciate any and all tips that would make this conversion smoother. Thanks in advanced.

-William
Old 10-26-2003, 02:11 AM
TECH Resident

more than likely ull have to cut it, I would be interested in the tips rear fascia if u decide to go another route, let me know, im here in ca in monterey and Newport beach.
Old 10-26-2003, 10:12 PM
TECH Junkie

I should know this but what is the CME system? I know when I had my loudmouth that it bolted right onto the end of the y pipe and did not need any welding. Most aftermarket catbacks do not need to be cut by the axle to be taken off due to the slip connectors. This is of course unless you crushed the pipe like I did when installing it. Anyways good luck with the install.
Old 10-26-2003, 10:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

I think you will defiantly need some custom bending/welding at a muffler shop. I want a CME system sooo bad but im a little short on funds right now so it will have to wait.
Old 10-27-2003, 12:47 AM
Cal
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

To get the stock catback off you will have to cut it just as it starts up over the rear axle. The only other way to get it off would be to drop the axle, don't think you want to do that. But that would be a good excuse to install a 12 bolt!

Normally a Loud Mouth doesn't require any cutting and welding, but to hook up to a CME it will. BTW, be extra careful with the CME, those things break pretty easy.

Last edited by Cal; 10-27-2003 at 12:50 AM.
Old 10-27-2003, 11:35 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike K.
I should know this but what is the CME system?
Center Mount Exaust
Old 10-27-2003, 12:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks for the help guys, I reallly appreciate it. I can't wait to get the parts in the mail.