Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Alternator Bracket on Iron Block?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2009, 08:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Alternator Bracket on Iron Block?

Hey everyone, I just realized that the stock 4th Gen Alternator Bracket from an LS1 on a 6.0 Iron Block have a bolt hole missing. 2 of 3 holes are in the block already there on the iron but am wondering what people have done to take care of this problem. I believe it is the inner bolt and the side bolt holes are there and am getting worried about just leaving them to hold the alternator just in case. The only thing I found on a search is that someone tried using the truck style on a 4th Gen but couldn't close the hood afterwards... Sorry guys, I suck at doing searches

I will end up tapping a bolt hole but am not to crazy about it since I just dropped so much money on this damn motor and extra accessories to mess it up. Anyone done anything different?
Old 04-13-2009, 09:38 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep gotta drill and tap. I was pissed on my first one as well. We've done 5 or 6 of them now and it's not a big deal. Just take your time and make sure the drill is level.