Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Slp 85mm MAF

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2003, 12:42 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Slp 85mm MAF

Yesterday i installed the Slp Lid,Slp Bellows, Slp 85mm MAF, K&N Filter and SSRA!
The SOTP gains were increadible, i mean wow what a difference! I was curious what everyone thought of this set up? and if im dumb by going with the Slp 85mm MAF?
Old 10-27-2003, 03:31 AM
TECH Regular

I like mine, I went with the TSP 85mm lid and SLP 85mm maf. On my old car with a direct-flo lid, B1 cam, and Mac headers, I picked up 8 rwhp over my home ported maf. Then again I think my maf was messed up anyway which is why I changed it.
Old 10-27-2003, 06:00 AM
TECH Senior Member

If you get the chance, have someone atap your car, or run EFILive on it. Just to make sure you're not running too lean. If you are, you might want to look at an MAF-T to correct that. Or get a shop near you with a Lifetime LS1edit deal goin on to tune it for ya. With the lifetime deal you can keep it well tuned after each major mod

IMO, anything that doesn't harm your car, and gains you horsepower, isn't dumb. Everyone has a different experience with aftermarket MAFs, and Ported MAF ends. Thats why its controversial. I ran the SLP 85mm MAF on my a4, and I ended up fryin my tranny. The car totalled out a month before I going to tear her down and rebuild it, so no big deal, but I won't be going with anything but a descreened stock maf until I run something like the 90mm LSX intake with a fine tune off LS1edit. Just keep checkin on your motor, and take it easy on your tranny for a little while til you can make sure its not messin up your line pressure(which has to do with how/when your tranny shifts, it's read from the MAF). Good luck bro.

Last edited by cyphur_traq; 10-27-2003 at 06:05 AM.
Old 10-27-2003, 11:01 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

MAFs are kinda hit-or-miss.
I too have the SLP 85mm MAF, but I can't say that it made a difference or not.
Come time for a dyno tune, I'll probably go back to the stocker.
Old 11-16-2003, 08:53 PM
Launching!

I found I could get 3-5 more mph out of a stock one in 3rd
Old 11-16-2003, 09:52 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

lol, if you thought that was incredible wait until you get some real mods . if your stock and all you did was add those mods i'd say you gained 15hp or so.
Old 11-16-2003, 10:24 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Mcduffys
Yesterday i installed the Slp Lid,Slp Bellows, Slp 85mm MAF, K&N Filter and SSRA!
The SOTP gains were increadible, i mean wow what a difference! I was curious what everyone thought of this set up? and if im dumb by going with the Slp 85mm MAF?
Same result I had when I installed a SLP 85mm MAF ... all I had was a cutout, intake and DRs ... the best I had squeezed out was 13.3 @ 107 up to that point.

Incredible throttle response and accelleration when I installed the MAF ... really woke the car up and great SOTP improvement ... took it to the track 2 days after I put it on ...

First pass was a 13.4 @ 106 and got progressively worse for there. By my 5th pass I couldn't break 100mph, was running 14s and had a SES light. Took the car over to a shop the next day, put a Tech II on it ... car had gone lean and was running 3* KR.

Took the SLP off, put the stocker back on. Went to the track that night and was right back to running 13.3s @ 107 ...

SLP MAF, great SOTP mod ... sucks for racing ...