Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

K&N FIPK II swap to SLP Lid set up

Old 05-01-2009, 10:23 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question K&N FIPK II swap to SLP Lid set up

Ok, Car came with a FIPK II on it, I want to switch to a lid setup since I opened up the nose ducts and want to run ducts to the box. I purchased a "complete" stock air box setup yesterday, I believe it has the lower and uper boxes as well as the baffles and filter tray/filter....

Question is, Since the FIPKII removes stock parts and has its own "radiator support" tray that the filter sits on, Can I switch to a lid if I take that off or do I need to buy a %&&$ stock radiator support now too????

Is there any clearance issues with the SLP or similar type lids and the 98-02 z/28 hoods? reason I'm asking is my Z has a Carbon fiber hood on it, and its got a "custom" install with the locking hoodpins, they are angled forward and everything was fitted so the front of the hood actually sits 1/4-1/2" lower than the nose emblem/front bumper edge where the stock one sat flush in order to help air flow over the hood *its vented too* &*yea I know its a bottom breather*

Answers are needed and much appreciated guys, I'd like to get this figured out before I go and buy a Highflow lid if its a lost cause....

Thanks,
RiceEater.
Old 05-01-2009, 08:18 PM
Launching!

I haven't had any clearance issues with my SLP lid.
I have a stock Z28 hood though. I have heard of the
FTP 85mm lids having clearance issues though.

I'm not sure if you will need any extra parts because
of the FIPK. If you do I would suggest waiting until
someone is parting out a wrecked car. You should be
able to pick them up pretty cheap then.
Old 05-01-2009, 11:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

thank you for your response, parts are hard to come by in hawaii and shipping is def. crazy. If I need to buy a rad. support Im prob. just gonna scrap the swap since I only have $50 invested so far for the stock air box, I'll just add a ram air chute and cut through the fipk support.

Anyone else?

I heard the slp lids rub slightly on the neck.

Thanks ya'll.

RiceEater.

Search this Thread