Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bad balancer

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2003, 06:11 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bad balancer

I have an SLP pulley which I suspect is contributing to KR. If the pulley is making noise because of harmonics what would it sound like. Would it even be audible?
Old 11-05-2003, 02:28 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Doubt you here an audible noise, unless it ready to fall off.

I believe the SLP pulley is a relabeled ASP pulley. Many have went through reinstalling the stock pulley to find out that wasn't their problem.
Old 11-05-2003, 01:07 PM
11 Second Club

I wasted several hundred $$ and bunches of hours for over 2 years fighting KR with SLP PULLEY, ( I could not beleave the SLP was problem ) after all this stoped fighting AND ONLY changed the SLP and install ASP >>> ALL problems gone, running ASP 2 years now and no KR , all above on 00 SS
PS:: just a note did install of ASP on son's 5.3, it ran good for about one year then tbe inter and outer hub begain to come apart ( rubber was comming out ) ASP gave us anew one and now about one year latter no problems
one other note SLP did allow me 1/2 price of pulley on something else from their stock
good luck Johnny
Old 11-05-2003, 01:12 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by WILWAXU
Doubt you here an audible noise, unless it ready to fall off.

I believe the SLP pulley is a relabeled ASP pulley. Many have went through reinstalling the stock pulley to find out that wasn't their problem.

Yes there were audible noises. It sounded like rushing water. I put the stock one on last friday all the noises and the KR have disappeared. The SLP pulley wasnt doing its job as a harmonic damper and what i was hearing was my crank ringing. If it wouldve continued over a longer period of time it prolly wouldve blew the engine. Everythig is fine now with the stock pulley back on.

I too wasted bucko dollars trying to track this issue down to find out it was the pulley all along. So now I will wait til the first of the year for the new pulleys to come out because the ASP needs machining when used in conjunction with the rollermaster timing chain and gear.