Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Head/Cam to go with sts turbo?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2009, 08:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Head/Cam to go with sts turbo?

ok so im really close to buying a camaro, but as soon as i get it im going to Turbo/Head/ Cam it out and do some gearing and a torque converter. I am most likley going to go with a sts turbo because of ease of install and its pretty cheap. If you know any other turbos with the same numbers and is cheaper post it up.

But i would like to know what Head/Cam should i go with if i go with a sts turbo, also what size stall.
Old 05-02-2009, 09:44 PM
On The Tree

Your best bet would be to PM ZOMBIE. He is a rearmount guru. Lots of first hand-hands on experience.
Old 05-02-2009, 11:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The STS may seem like a nice cheap alternative, but once you add all of the ammenities that you'll need to get it running right, it's right up there with all of the others. I am certainly not knocking STS, I have one (with the GT67 upgrade) that I have yet to install.

EACH STS™ TURBO SYSTEM INCLUDES
ALL THE PARTS YOU NEED TO INSTALL
THE TURBO ON YOUR LS1
■ TO4E 60-1 Trim .81 A/R Garrett Turbo
■ 38mm TiAL Wastegate
■ K&N Air Filter, Dry-Charger and Air Filter Shield
■ Patented Turbo Oiling System
■ HPC coated intake /exhaust tubing
■ Electrical harness with oil warning system
■ Silicone connectors, clamps and fi ttings
■ Return oil cap with quick disconnect
■ Full color, step-by-step instruction manual
■ 1 year parts warranty

That's what comes with the system pasted right from their website. You're still gonna need to upgrade your fuel system, add an intercooler and get a dyno tune. I wouldn't trust my engine with a generic tune from a handheld. Just my opinion though. There is no cheap way to do FI the right way. I hope this helps or at least puts things in perspective for you.
Old 05-03-2009, 09:16 AM
Launching!

STS does offer an additional fuel system upgrade to go along with the Turbo kit for like an additional $800 or so, buy the same parts from a couple other websites and you could probably shave $200 off from that.