Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LPP Headers and solid motor mounts installed I have a question

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 12:29 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LPP Headers and solid motor mounts installed I have a question

Ok so after the Speed Inc Open House I was really in the car mood and thought if tomorrow is as nice as today I want to install my headers. So me and a buddy installed LPP lontubes, some solid motor mounts, and removed the AIR system.

I have only drivin it twice since we installed everything. And my gas mileage seems to be pretty shitty now. I know that I need a tune so I am running over to Speed Inc tomorrow to get the Basic tune.

Will just the basic tune help the gas mileage or will I need the full tune?

Also I have read the horror storys people have gone through with poly motor mounts the solids were actually pretty easy to install. There is vibrations when I am at a stop and coming off of a stop but when I am driving no vibrations. The front end feels alot stronger now. Kinda feels like a different car.

But over all I am pretty happy with the results. The LPP headers tuck up real nice. Installing them was very simple they slid right up with no problems at all.
Old 05-08-2009, 10:38 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 20Formula01
Ok so after the Speed Inc Open House I was really in the car mood and thought if tomorrow is as nice as today I want to install my headers. So me and a buddy installed LPP lontubes, some solid motor mounts, and removed the AIR system.

I have only drivin it twice since we installed everything. And my gas mileage seems to be pretty shitty now. I know that I need a tune so I am running over to Speed Inc tomorrow to get the Basic tune.

Will just the basic tune help the gas mileage or will I need the full tune?

Also I have read the horror storys people have gone through with poly motor mounts the solids were actually pretty easy to install. There is vibrations when I am at a stop and coming off of a stop but when I am driving no vibrations. The front end feels alot stronger now. Kinda feels like a different car.

But over all I am pretty happy with the results. The LPP headers tuck up real nice. Installing them was very simple they slid right up with no problems at all.
Thats funny, I have the same headers and I was told from speed inc that the headers were touching my motor mounts and the k-member and causing vibration. I wonder if I just got a bad set.
Old 05-09-2009, 08:35 AM
Teching In

i put the same headers on and i thought they went in easy. they BARELY touch my k member. every once in a while i feel a vibration but almost unoticeable. i just got a mail order tune from bryan at pcm for less and i stopped smelling fuel and mileage improved. i have been running my car for about 6,000 miles.
Old 05-19-2009, 12:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my solids do the same, i love them otherwise,there is a little vibe but nothing touches anywhere
Attached Thumbnails LPP Headers and solid motor mounts installed I have a question-10-30-08_1454.jpg  

Last edited by metalmechanic; 05-28-2009 at 12:03 AM.