Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Headers/ORY-pipe o2's

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2003, 08:54 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Headers/ORY-pipe o2's

Hey guys, installing LT headers and off road y-pipe. On the headers they have a whole at the end or bottom of each one. Now i have 2 ORY-pipes. One set has no holes for the o2s and the other one has the 2 holes (one on one side and one on the other). Which ORY-pipe to use? They sent me the extenders and all. Going to get rid of the other ORY but not too sure which one i need to keep.. Any one know?
Old 11-01-2003, 08:43 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am not to sure why your "OFF ROAD PIPE" would have any sensor holes in it. I say that b/c if you plug O2 sensors into it they will set off a code b/c there are no cats. Save yourself some trouble and use the ORY that does not have sensors holes. The extensions were probably for the front 2 O2 sensors anyway. You will need to buy simms or have the SES codes deleted running an ORY.
Old 11-01-2003, 09:08 PM
10 Second Club

Yea see, i ordered like a set of LT'S headers and ory's finally i got the lts but i got 2 ory's. which one is the right one.the same company sent me the same twice but i got 2 pairs of ory's that are different... its not my mistake.. trying to figure out wich one to sell..
Old 11-01-2003, 11:31 PM
Speed freak

HAHA!!! They sent you two ORYs!?

Keep the one with no holes, and sell the one with the holes.
Old 11-02-2003, 12:21 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by DevilBird
HAHA!!! They sent you two ORYs!?

Keep the one with no holes, and sell the one with the holes.
what setup is the ORY with the holes in them, what application? Is that for stock going to ORY? Need to know for trade value.
Old 11-02-2003, 01:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

ok these are the pics of waterbugs y-pipes that I took.

Both are layed on top of each other. You can see the black one has holes for the O2s i assume?

1) Why did they come that way?
2) Both seem to have the 3" diameter so they should both be Off Road Y-pipes right?

3) Whats the difference between the two? Why does one come with holes and the other one without them?

4) I have a 2002 TA and ill be getting a set of headers soon will the ones with the O2 holes be y-pipe that ill need?

help us out... Whats the deal here.
Old 11-02-2003, 04:29 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 2002_TAWS6
ok these are the pics of waterbugs y-pipes that I took.

Both are layed on top of each other. You can see the black one has holes for the O2s i assume?

1) Why did they come that way?
2) Both seem to have the 3" diameter so they should both be Off Road Y-pipes right?

3) Whats the difference between the two? Why does one come with holes and the other one without them?

4) I have a 2002 TA and ill be getting a set of headers soon will the ones with the O2 holes be y-pipe that ill need?

help us out... Whats the deal here.
Off Road Y-pipes do not need O2 fitting's hence the reason you call them "OFF ROAD". The rear O2 is only there to tell the difference between the first O2 to see if your cats are functioning. Just use the one that does not have the holes and sell the other. If you choose to use the one with holes and you install the the O2's you will only throw codes. Just get simms and you should be good to go. Your 2.) question makes no sense. The diameter has nothing to do with the fact that it is off road. The lack of cats determines that. I hate to see people not doing research and buying a product that they have no idea about, trust me I have done this (bought HPPIII ), just do more research next time and these questions will already be answered.
Old 11-02-2003, 05:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by blk~2000~Z28
Off Road Y-pipes do not need O2 fitting's hence the reason you call them "OFF ROAD". The rear O2 is only there to tell the difference between the first O2 to see if your cats are functioning. Just use the one that does not have the holes and sell the other. If you choose to use the one with holes and you install the the O2's you will only throw codes. Just get simms and you should be good to go. Your 2.) question makes no sense. The diameter has nothing to do with the fact that it is off road. The lack of cats determines that. I hate to see people not doing research and buying a product that they have no idea about, trust me I have done this (bought HPPIII ), just do more research next time and these questions will already be answered.
it looks like you didnt read the opening post. The guy bought 1 and now has 2. The second y-pipe (the one with the o2 holes) was supposed to be offered for sale/trade to me. I put this post up here as I wanted to research and see if thats the one that ill need

Thank you very much for the response. Your post makes perfect sense. Since I was planning on getting a set of headers with an ORY-pipe (hence no cats) I guess I shouldnt buy the y-pipe from waterbug as those black ones are not ORY-pipes to begin with.

He will be using the ORY-pipe (the stainless steel one) for his car.

sucks for me as I would of got a great deal from waterbug
Old 11-02-2003, 07:23 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 2002_TAWS6
it looks like you didnt read the opening post. The guy bought 1 and now has 2. The second y-pipe (the one with the o2 holes) was supposed to be offered for sale/trade to me. I put this post up here as I wanted to research and see if thats the one that ill need

Thank you very much for the response. Your post makes perfect sense. Since I was planning on getting a set of headers with an ORY-pipe (hence no cats) I guess I shouldnt buy the y-pipe from waterbug as those black ones are not ORY-pipes to begin with.

He will be using the ORY-pipe (the stainless steel one) for his car.

sucks for me as I would of got a great deal from waterbug
Im sure it will save ya some money.. Go down to home depot and just put a bolt in the holes... I mean what would be the difference 2002_TAWS6?? Alls you would need to do is plug the holes. Hey did you get the smooth bellows i was tellin ya about???
Old 11-02-2003, 08:25 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by waterbug1999
Im sure it will save ya some money.. Go down to home depot and just put a bolt in the holes... I mean what would be the difference 2002_TAWS6?? Alls you would need to do is plug the holes. Hey did you get the smooth bellows i was tellin ya about???
This is true as well. There is nothing wrong with a y-pipe that has 2 O2 bungs, all you have to do is plug them. My only problem with it is why would a company put bungs for O2's in an off road pipe that has no cats or even provisions for them. Just doesn't make sense, oh well just buy a bolt to plug the holes and you should be good to go.