Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jet Hot Dyno Numbers!

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2003, 06:07 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Talking Jet Hot Dyno Numbers!

Everything is on and i couldnt be more happy. Had the install done at performance specialties in pottstown and also had it dyno tuned there. It put down 350 RWHP and almost 360 ft pounds without cats(is that good for the amount of mods i have done...mods are in sig). IT SOUNDS AWESOME and does it scream at WOT it sounds like a 60's muscle car. i dont think its too loud at all even with the loudmouth its perfect . I love driving around town on saturdays now all the college students just stop and stare or else they all yell things at me like "holy crap what the hell is that...thats awesome" or "light it up man YEAAAA" or ".......wooooow" and the ladies dig it too . Its increadible everyone goes nuts when i drive through town...it feeds my ego hehehe. All my buddies have badass cars and we all drive through town in a convoy and everyone doesnt even know there alive when i roll up

Last edited by BlackCamaroSS02; 11-03-2003 at 06:13 PM.
Old 11-03-2003, 06:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Great numbers congrats! Now get that thing on a track and see what it can do. I just got my JET HOT's on too and I agree there great! I have about the same engine mods you do you hopefully I'm around there in horse power. You missed out on a lot of fun not doing the install your self though.Glad you like them.
,Justin
Old 11-03-2003, 07:16 PM
TECH Regular

Thanks i have a question i need to buy some O2 simms i know nothing about them...how many do i need? what kind do i buy? where can i buy them? are they easy to put in?
Old 11-03-2003, 09:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

any sponsors sell them. unpllug the rear o2 sensors and hook those things in. or if u have a predator u can have those jokers deleted form the system like i did
Old 11-03-2003, 11:29 PM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

wow, nice numbers .

i havent dyno'd with my jet hots, or any of my mods yet. like 99TranTrany said, you missed out on the fun of installing them yourself :brick:. took me 3 days to do mine .
Old 11-03-2003, 11:44 PM
11 Second Club

Congrats! I get mine dynoed on the 22th.
Old 11-04-2003, 09:20 AM
TECH Apprentice

Real nice numbers!
Old 11-04-2003, 04:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Dont buy the sims! You dont need them, unless your worried about throwing the code. Im not using them and my scanner shows they are still reading a voltage. I think it's aroung 4.25 or something. I guess this is a default reading from the PCM.I just have the plugs in the bungs and it runs fine.
,Justin
Old 11-04-2003, 05:50 PM
TECH Resident

I like to see numbers like that. I hope my SLP LT's do as well.
Old 11-04-2003, 05:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

99TranTranny, did you get your car tuned after you installed the headers? I've been thinking about a set of jet hot headers for a long time, but dont know of any local dyno facilities (I'm from jax also). thanks
Old 11-04-2003, 07:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

OMG long tubes are so Easy to install, If you can do the tune up on a LS1 then a Headers install is just as easy, Had mine Done in 5hr and 30 mins, that includes going down to Autozone and geting a 15mm Deepwall shocket & 10mm Deep well(damn those Collectors bolts on the Manifolds are a bitch,also the back pass side Exhaust manifold bolt) All in all it was easy as pie, Only thing is, Have any of you had to Grind the Driver side frame for clearance ? it's Rattling my teeth out lmao.... Sorry Black Didn't mean to Jack your thread, Just sharing my Exprience =)

Thanks Steve-0
Old 11-04-2003, 07:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1,431 Likes on 991 Posts

Originally Posted by JetBlack98Z
Have any of you had to Grind the Driver side frame for clearance ? it's Rattling my teeth out lmao....

Thanks Steve-0
There was a spot on my 99's engine block that had to be ground so it wouldn't make contact.
Old 11-04-2003, 11:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

JBIRD02 , No I havent got any tunning done yet. There is no where around here that does it either. We do have a few shops with dynos but none that do any tunning. Norris motorsports in orlando is the closest shop to us. I have heard good things about them though. Tunning will probably be the next thng I do.

,Justin
Old 11-05-2003, 12:06 AM
TECH Regular

Default 99TranTrany

99TranTrany I already am throwing a SES light my friend scanned it and its the o2 sensors. I need the simms he said that the SES light is really hindering my performance because the car is running in a different mod to compensate he said its pulling timming and messing with the fuel mix etc. And trust me i bealive him because when the SES light came on it felt like it was running weird it felt sluggish. then he cleared the Codes and told me to go down the street and floor it and see how it felt....holy crap what a difference i stomped on it in first gear and the car almost went all the way sideways it was at more then a 45 degree angle to the left when i slammed it into 2nd and it swung around 45 degrees to the right side and screaming all way . i went back to his house and said THERE IT IS THERE IS MY 350 RWHP hehehe

UPDATE: here are the exact numbers i found the dyno sheet hehe

347 RWHP
352.6 TORQUE thought it was closer to 360 sorry

The only thing is my torque DROPS FAST after 5100 RPMs is that normal? what do i need to get some better torque numbers? and also i have a quick question my car was tuned without cats on so if i put cats on will that screw with the tune real bad?
Old 11-05-2003, 12:26 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackCamaroSS02
Thanks i have a question i need to buy some O2 simms i know nothing about them...how many do i need? what kind do i buy? where can i buy them? are they easy to put in?
Your first post said you had the car dyno tuned. Why didn't they just turn off the rear O2's as part of the tune? Was the car tuned or just run on a dyno? A SES light from rear O2s will not effect the performance of the car. Rear O2s just monitor the performance of the cats when installed and have no effect on fuel or timing.
Old 11-05-2003, 12:57 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 2xLS1
Your first post said you had the car dyno tuned. Why didn't they just turn off the rear O2's as part of the tune? Was the car tuned or just run on a dyno? A SES light from rear O2s will not effect the performance of the car. Rear O2s just monitor the performance of the cats when installed and have no effect on fuel or timing.
didnt know that you could turn them off but i wouldnt want them turned off just incase i have to put the cats in and set everything back up. And yes they did tune it well thats atleast what they told me and what i asked for...thats why i am asking if those numbers sound right for the mods i have because i will take it to SLP and have them tune it.
Old 11-05-2003, 01:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

You need something like LS1edit, to turn off the O2's, along with similar stuff like EGR, AIR, etc.
Maybe they are a cheap shop and tune with HPP's or Predators?
If its a decent shop, and they turn off the O2s when they dynotune your car, it shouldnt be a problem to go back one day and have em turn em back on for free. Since it only takes a couple minutes.
Old 11-05-2003, 07:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

thanks for the help, I didnt think anyone around here had a dyno, who do you know of that has one? I'd like to do a base run at least, then i'll have some #'s to campare when i get my headers.
Old 11-05-2003, 08:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

2xLS1 is correct as your rear 02 sensors have no effect on performance they simply monitor the condition of the cats. I think at a predetermined speed the PCM will check every 15 mins and when it doesn't get a reading back it throws your SES light. Your fuel and timing are adjusted by your front 02 sensors and your MAF. Performance Specialties was the same dyno I used for my car and puts out consistent numbers. Was your car dyno tuned? If it was in fact tuned they should have removed the code for your rear 02 sensors so it would not throw the SES light again. Was it LS1 Edit tuned? As far as I knew Performance Specs did not have LS1 Edit ability and they left that to Mikey from Rapid Motorsports who handled the LS1 category. BTW Nice numbers and I love my Jet Hot's too!