Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with AIR removal...

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2009, 07:47 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help with AIR removal...

Hey guys, i looked at the sticky but the pictures arent working.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...r-removal.html
Anybody have any newer ones. Im mostly curious about the little vaccum lines and what i gotta do with them. Also, what exactly is that piece under the cowl with the vaccum lines attatched to it? Its an '01 by the way, thanks.
Old 05-16-2009, 10:57 PM
TECH Regular

try this link https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...oval-pics.html also you just cap the vaccum lines that go into the block box looking thing thats bolted to the drivers side head.
Old 05-17-2009, 03:57 AM
Banned

Default vaccum lines

the lines you are talking about connect to the cat air pump its (easy) done with a screw driver by following the black vaccum that is leading down twards the road u will find it bolted with 2 screws under the drivers tire which can be reached by easly removing the innerBlack plastic that restricts u from going into the engine compartment ( under the drivers tire theres a black plastic that is the wheel well remove it and u also have fully functional brake coolers like it was suposed toi work ... take it off it has push it screws anf 2 real Screws unbolt the pump then take the fuse out located by the starter Fuse relay
Fone Easly removed your cars AIR CAT VACCUM PUMP AND THE LINE PLEASE NOTE IF U HAVE NOT FURTHER DONE SO TUNE THE CODE OUT BECUASE IT WILL RANDOM FLASH UR CHeCK ENGINE CODE

Last edited by un17real; 05-18-2009 at 03:38 AM. Reason: ...
Old 05-17-2009, 12:16 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks cody thats a good write up as well, but its on an earlier model car that doesnt have all the vaccum lines. But ill just cap them off like you said. Youre post isnt that clear unreal, but i have LT's and ORY and i have HPtuners, so i was planning on tuning out the AIR stuff. Should i still remove the fuse? Thanks again.
Old 05-17-2009, 10:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

My question is what do you do with the plugs from the pump. Do you just let it hang?
Old 05-18-2009, 03:34 AM
Banned

late night typing has some typos i fixed them ..now remove all the black hoses and unbolt the air pump then if you tune it out with hp tuners you ae good to go . if u need any more help just ask. what dont u understand ?
Old 05-18-2009, 03:40 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Smokin00WS6
My question is what do you do with the plugs from the pump. Do you just let it hang?
got a zip ite or bred bag twisterr and pin it to one of the holes where u removed the vaccum pum and BAm a clean bay
Old 05-18-2009, 04:44 PM
Staging Lane

Ok i gotcha now unreal, must of been that late night typing i guess lol. Im gonna go ahead and take out the fuse and relay just so the circuit isnt hot. I know how to take out the pump and tubing, i was looking for info on the vaccum lines, but i think i got it. Thanks again

Anything else i should know about taking the little solenoid under the cowl off. I tried when i was installing my lt's, but realized i didnt have the block off plates for the manifolds, so i just stopped.