Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car is running funny need HELP

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 09:56 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Car is running funny need HELP

ok guys heres the story.....

a few weeks back me and my friend swaped out my headers. i got 02 extensions and everything you need to do it right, we removed the EGR and AIR system. so the next day i drove the car open headers (longtubes by the way) to the exhaust guy(for truduals ran out the back) about 10 miles...the car drove fine, like normal i didnt go over 2500 rpms so i babied it there. well my exhaust guy had to adjust my collector cause it was right on my floor board so doing that he disconected the 02 sensor and maybe accidently put the 02 wire to close to the header or it could have been my friend, any way when i got it back it drove fine sept it jurked hard when it shifted its an A4 car, but i didnt pay much attention to it cuz it sat for about 3 days. well after a few days my car started shaking and the best way i can explain it is it sounded like a untuned cammed car idleing but i have my foot down at 25% - 50% throttle. at first it did this at 45-50mph and started just doing it whenever sept at 75 +mph.......well i thought it could be the plugs and wires so i bought some new ones and it still did it, i checked 4 times and for the love of god i know thier in thier right...and it still did it....my uncle told me it could be my transmission pressure realese thing(cant remeber what its called) i thought it could be a vacuum leak so monday i whent and got it scanned at a performance shop and he told me i was running no 02's and my fuel was all jacked up he suggested i get some quick and a tune..so i bought some bosch 13111's and when i whent to replace them i saw that the plastic on the 02 extension had melted striped the wire and had melted plastic all over the copper in the wire, but it got to dark so i had to call it quits....so i changed them today and tied them away from the headers and other hot stuff as best i could, well i whent to drive the car and it still kinda does it but not as much....

any suggestions on what it is or do i have to drive some miles for the 02's to work everything out????? or do i need a tune, i have stock induction.....not even a lid , but i have a ls6 intake in my garage and im getting a lid soon

thanx