Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

gmmg muffler size

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2003, 04:24 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gmmg muffler size

Could someone with gmmg tell me how long the mufflers are on there system. I think I found the mufflers they use so I would really like to know the length.

The place is called stainless works, they look like the ones in the new summit mag. only if you go to there site you can get different length.

Anyways than I can figure out the parts i need to make the gmmg system. So can someone help me out here,What is the body/overall length.
Old 11-05-2003, 04:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

first off the gmmg does not use mufflers, it uses chambers...hence the reason it is called a chambered exhaust. Second, from what I understand Stainless works does make chambers that are very similar to those that are used in the gmmg system. I am pretty sure there are few people on here that have their chambers on their ls1's but not sure how the performace numbers compare.

Fry
Old 11-05-2003, 05:18 PM
10 Second Club

The gmmg chambers are different from the stainless works system, i have never heard the stainless system in person but i have heard the sound quality is nowhere as good but it would probaly be alot cheaper to with the stainless works system
Old 11-06-2003, 08:41 AM
Staging Lane

first off the gmmg does not use mufflers, it uses chambers...hence the reason it is called a chambered exhaust.

first off I asked what size are the mufflers over-all length and body length..

second off if you go to sweet-thunder or stainless works and look at the site yes they are called chambered mufflers (mufflers) get it straight would ya.
Old 11-06-2003, 09:04 AM
MASS seller approved

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wild thing
The gmmg chambers are different from the stainless works system, i have never heard the stainless system in person but i have heard the sound quality is nowhere as good but it would probaly be alot cheaper to with the stainless works system
The GMMG is actually cheaper that the Stainless Works system. The Stainless works system is $800 + shipping
Old 11-06-2003, 01:21 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ddot
I think I found the mufflers they use so I would really like to know the length.
Wow you must be exhausted from your search. considering Stainless works is a sponsor.

I personally went with the Sweet Thunders because of the price. Off the top of my head I cant rememeber the guys name ( I think it's Mike ) from Sweet Thunder but he is pretty helpfull. I didnt copy the GMMG style cat back because i preferred duals. There's a guy on the other LS1 site (not sure if he is here as well) that basically made his Sweet thunder system like the GMMG.

To make things easy I'd pretty much go for the 18inch long 2.5 diameter Chamberedmufflers with 2.5 inch inner baffles. You could also go with the 18 inch long 3inch diameter mufflers but the inner baffle will still be 2.5 inch.

Oh by the way the mufflers in Summit are stainless works. At least they were when I saw the mag last year when they started selling them. Dont know about the GMMG, theres been some arguement on this but personally it doesnt matter to me.

Ive heard the GMMG in person and the tone is similar to mine. My system sounds better but thats because its true duals not a y-pipe system.

Anyways Good luck with your cat back. Im sure you'll love the sound!
Old 11-06-2003, 09:14 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Trans Am WS6 RGS
Wow you must be exhausted from your search. considering Stainless works is a sponsor.

I personally went with the Sweet Thunders because of the price. Off the top of my head I cant remember the guys name ( I think it's Mike ) from Sweet Thunder but he is pretty helpfull. I didnt copy the GMMG style cat back because i preferred duals. There's a guy on the other LS1 site (not sure if he is here as well) that basically made his Sweet thunder system like the GMMG.

To make things easy I'd pretty much go for the 18inch long 2.5 diameter Chamberedmufflers with 2.5 inch inner baffles. You could also go with the 18 inch long 3inch diameter mufflers but the inner baffle will still be 2.5 inch.

Oh by the way the mufflers in Summit are stainless works. At least they were when I saw the mag last year when they started selling them. Dint know about the GMMG, theres been some argument on this but personally it doesn't matter to me.

Ive heard the GMMG in person and the tone is similar to mine. My system sounds better but thats because its true duals not a y-pipe system.

Anyways Good luck with your cat back. I'm sure you'll love the sound!

Thanks for the reply I have seen some say 18" and others say 24" . I was just hoping someone could measure their gmmg and tell what length they are.

O by the way, no I didn't realize they were a sponsor good one.
Old 11-07-2003, 04:07 PM
Staging Lane

To The Top
Old 02-15-2004, 01:28 PM
11 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Default GMMG muffler length

Just happen to have mine sitting in the garage because of a freak snow storm in Dallas yesterday. What you've been hearing is pretty close. I measured 19 1/2" for the fat chambered part and 24" overall length.

Originally Posted by ddot
Thanks for the reply I have seen some say 18" and others say 24" . I was just hoping someone could measure their gmmg and tell what length they are.

O by the way, no I didn't realize they were a sponsor good one.

Quick Reply: gmmg muffler size