Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What size belts for pulley and best Headers?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 01:25 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What size belts for pulley and best Headers?

I have a 02 ss camaro with a few mods. I just bought a underdrive pulley and don't know what size belts to buy? I also want to buy some headers for my car, I already have a custom built y-pipe with no cats but I know I will have to change that with the headers. I want to go with slp or kooks. Not sure which is better or more power. I know slp has redesigned theirs for better ground clearance, not sure on the tuned length vs non tuned or sizes either. Any help would be great.

Oh yea the air pump, what is that for and do I need one, does it have a purpose since I have no cats? See any difference on power, will I have to get it tuned taking it off?
Old 05-28-2009, 09:47 AM
Staging Lane

I'm pretty sure that the belt size depends on what pulley you have. What brand is it?
Old 05-28-2009, 12:10 PM
Launching!

I have no clue on the brand, I bought it from one of my buddies. I have to go get it. It is 25% underdrive and it is polished is all I know.
Old 05-28-2009, 02:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

You'll need to measure the diameter of the pulley and figure out the difference in diameter. Stock belt is 79". You'll need to go shorter. I run a 78" belt with my 10% underdriven Fluidampr.