Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help! 98 Corvette stumbles under load <1500 RPM

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2003, 07:28 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! 98 Corvette stumbles under load <1500 RPM

Alright have a problem with my car its been acting funny lately. If the motor is under load (up hill or high gear) and it is under 1500 RPM, and I press the gas more then 50% of the way the car stumbles.

I first noticed this when I did the "zip tie airbox" mod. At first, I forgot to plug the little vaccuum line thingy into the accordian coupler in the intake track . Now- I did drive around for about 20 miles with this error in place. I figure oops, no big deal I'll just plug it back into place. I plugged it back into place, but it still does it. Then I replaced the entire airbox assembly and even reset the battery. Its still there. Oh yeah, I did try to pull codes, there was nothing. Zero.

Yes I've checked over it to make sure theres no air leaks in the intake track. I even pulled off the MAF and filled the intake plenum with water to make sure of no leaks. I'm 98% sure that theres no airleaks but I'm a little skeptical of area between the duct that goes over the radiator with the flag on it and the flexible accordian coupler. It sorta just pops on. I'm probbly gonna seal it with sealer. I also tried undoing that plug that goes into the accordian coupler and sealing it with tape but once again no luck. Maybe my MAF went bad? Do the F body MAF's plug right in?

Dont think I have bad fuel, i've already filled up once and dumped some techron in there too.
Old 12-03-2003, 06:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

to the top