Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need suggestions for 2002 Camaro SS bolt-ons

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 07:02 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need suggestions for 2002 Camaro SS bolt-ons

Hey guys,

I'm planning a Berger SS replica build and I need some input. As side from the other performance mods I'll be doing, the first thing will be the exhaust. Now, I'm going with the GMMG. What headers, Y-pipe would give the best flow & sound. I'm trying to decide on QTP w/ electric cut-outs, Dynatech, Kooks, Hooker or TSP for the headers and the associated hi-flo catted Y-pipe. Now I know there will be a lot of opinions as the issue is very subjective, but maybe this will help. My goal is to have around 430-460hp after all the mods are done. Probably be having Texas Speed do a lot of the work. They will be:

Heads- either PRC 5.3L Stage 2.5 CNC'd & Ported or the PRC LS6 Stage 2.5
cam- TSP XS 233/239 .595/.603 113 or the Dominator 2 from Rapid Motorsports
Intake Manifold /TB- FAST/NW 92/92mm P&P
MAF-LS6
Fuel injectors- FAST 36lb.
25% U/D pulley
Custom tune- Texas Speed
Eibach/ Koni/ Strano/ Kenny Brown/ UMI suspension upgrades
Wheels-Fikse FM5 17x9.5, 17x11
Color change to Electron Blue w/ White SS stripes, Berger panel
Black Billet grill w/ '69 SS emblem
Hurst short throw shifter
White-faced gauges, shift ****

How does the list look? Will I achieve my power goals with it? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. I read a lot of good stuff on this site and you guys have a lot of collective knowledge.
Thanks in advance, TXSSIVE aka Daniel.

Last edited by TXSSIVE; 05-31-2009 at 04:18 AM.
Old 05-30-2009, 09:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

of the headers listed, I would say Kooks, its stainless and they make great products and have awesome customer service. You should be good with that setup, to make that much power
Old 05-30-2009, 10:05 PM
On The Tree

Cool. I was leaning toward Kooks too actually. But I've heard some good things about QTP as well. Anyone have experience with Hooker or TSP headers? And I'm glad to hear that you think I should be at the power goal with the parts that I have listed. It's going to start out as a black SS because of the planned repaint. The exhaust will come first, then probably the FM5s and the few minor interior touches. What would be the best progression after that? What order would you say for the rest of the performance mods? I want to go about the upgrades in a smart, methodical way.
Old 05-30-2009, 10:11 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by TXSSIVE
Cool. I was leaning toward Kooks too actually. But I've heard some good things about QTP as well. Anyone have experience with Hooker or TSP headers? And I'm glad to hear that you think I should be at the power goal with the parts that I have listed. It's going to start out as a black SS because of the planned repaint. The exhaust will come first, then probably the FM5s and the few minor interior touches. What would be the best progression after that? What order would you say for the rest of the performance mods? I want to go about the upgrades in a smart, methodical way.
sounds nice as hell....keep us posted with pics whenever you can
Old 05-30-2009, 10:27 PM
On The Tree

Thanks Quik Sand, I hope it will be. I don't have the car yet though. I'm still driving my red '95 V6 camaro right now. Ha ha. It's in good shape and only has 94000 miles on it. But it's definitely time for a V8! I have been out of work for a while and as soon as I start working again I will be looking for a black 2002 SS. I will be sure to start posting pics when I get the car and during the process. I figure I won't mind dealing with a black car until I can get it painted, which will be a while down the road. In the mean time it will be looking like Flawless's SS except for the CME.

Quick Reply: Need suggestions for 2002 Camaro SS bolt-ons