Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does anybody know if this brand guages are any good? EQUUS

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 11:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Does anybody know if this brand guages are any good? EQUUS

I was wondering if anybody knows if the EQUUS brand guages are any good went by the parts store today to order the oil pressure sending unit for my intake swap, and noticed that they had these gauges and looked like pretty good quality for the price, I would like to get the water temp.,air fuel,oil pressure gauge. If anybody has experience with these let me know how they are. THANX
Old 06-01-2009, 01:59 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sold them when i worked for a local parts store, they do have nice stuff, I think its a budget brand of autometer
Old 10-05-2021, 04:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TUFAS4U
sold them when i worked for a local parts store, they do have nice stuff, I think its a budget brand of autometer
I've had a few personal experiences with their boost gauges. They were all negative. They're nice looking, but the vaccum line and t-fitting that comes with it is junk. Gauge surges randomly (something none of my other gauges do with the same car from the same vaccum tap location) and after like 5 months the gauge just broke on its own. Now when exposed to atmospheric pressure it reads 27in/Hg vaccum. The vaccum line split itself open too. This was only 5 months of 10PSI of boost on a turbo Volvo. Also the lights are junk, they burn out quickly, and they are difficult to find for some reason. Maybe it was a lemon, but compared to other options, like a glowshift gauge of the same price, or a Harbor Freight "Nitrous" brand that's half the price and has dimmable LEDs, Equus gauges (at least their boost gauges) are absolute junk. If you like the look shell up the money for an autometer gauge. Itll save you so much pain in the future.

Edit: I know this is like 12 years after the post was made, but this was one of the top results on Google so I wanted to help others avoid the headache I had.
The following users liked this post:
G Atsma (10-05-2021)

Quick Reply: Does anybody know if this brand guages are any good? EQUUS