Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

does this look right? please l@@k!

Old 06-01-2009, 11:37 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy does this look right? please l@@k!

hey guys need ya to take a look and see if i got this right.

well here is a little back ground.
about 2 months ago i installed a bbk ssi intake on my car replacing a ls1 intake.
wile i had every thing apart i noticed the oem pcv holder or grommet what ever its called was all cracked and messed up.
so i got some hose and some various parts and made my own its not the best looking but it works.

im needing to know if my pcv valve if pointing the right way the small end is pointing at the front of the car and the fat part at the rear of the car.

i have a catch can from the ws6 store and the line coming from the small end of the pcv valve is going in to the top of the can and the bottom line from the can is going in to the intake. i have the new style gm pcv valve.

i just want to make shure this is right i had the intake on the car for about 2 months and there wasent any oil on the tb or in the bottom of the intake but when i pulled the intake back off there was oil at the head ports and for some reason there was oil on the ends of the intake bolts.

i wasent happy with the bbk so i painted and put my old ls1 intake back on for now and the oil on the bolts and at the head ports got me a little worried so what would cause that? crank case pressure? please help me out guys i dont want to hurt the car and after a few monts and a few track visits the was some oil in the catch can.
Attached Thumbnails does this look right? please l@@k!-engine-pic2.jpg  
Old 06-02-2009, 03:34 PM
12 Second Club

any one?
Old 06-02-2009, 05:35 PM
On The Tree

Looks right as long as you have a LS6 valley cover.
Old 06-02-2009, 06:20 PM
12 Second Club

i dont have the ls6 valley cover i have the ls1 valley cover.
Old 06-02-2009, 06:38 PM
On The Tree

Ok,if the side fitting is plug into the intake manifold you're good. Couldn't really see in the pic. Look a few threads down titled,catch can routing ok,look at page 4,for diagrams.

Search this Thread