Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with egr provisions....

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2009, 11:56 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help with egr provisions....

Hey everyone I read on here somewhere that there is actually a way to install the egr tube back into my ls6 intake with some kind of an egr provision. I read somewhere that lingenfelter sells one, or did but I can't find any information on it. Anyone with some suggestions would be greatly appreciated.....~Chris
Old 06-06-2009, 05:49 PM
On The Tree

Anyone know anything about this?
Old 06-06-2009, 06:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I heard of this to but when I called them they said it was a discontinued part. So I ended up buying the LS6 intake with EGR provisions.
Old 06-06-2009, 07:04 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 1sicss
I heard of this to but when I called them they said it was a discontinued part. So I ended up buying the LS6 intake with EGR provisions.
That is one thing I don't want to have to do.........anyone else with a suggestion?
Old 06-08-2009, 04:51 PM
On The Tree

Bump for the week, any other suggestions?
Old 06-09-2009, 10:25 AM
12 Second Club

I know the fitting used on the SLP intakes is a Swagelok fitting, did some quick searching for the spec but came up empty handed...

Maybe call SLP to get the fitting specifics ? Swagelok fittings can be ordered online...

I have an SLP LS6 intake w/ EGR and can snap pics or measure stuff if needed.

Rob (Bad30th)
Old 06-09-2009, 10:30 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Bad30th
I know the fitting used on the SLP intakes is a Swagelok fitting, did some quick searching for the spec but came up empty handed...

Maybe call SLP to get the fitting specifics ? Swagelok fittings can be ordered online...

I have an SLP LS6 intake w/ EGR and can snap pics or measure stuff if needed.

Rob (Bad30th)
thanks buddy, if you could snap as many pictures as possible, how does the fitting actually hold the egr in place. I know your supposed to cut it but i'm not sure how the fitting holds it. also how did they have it plummed into the intake can you see? I called slp and they said they used a 1X20 fitting but i can't remember what they said the fitting was. I am doing it this afternoon after work.....slp also said they used some kind of an epoxy on it as well. also what size swagelok do you think they used and is that available at hardware stores or only online?

Last edited by clg82; 06-09-2009 at 10:36 AM.
Old 06-09-2009, 10:49 AM
12 Second Club

There is a nut on top of the threaded fitting and a crush sleeve inside, you put the EGR pipe down into the fitting and tighten the nut down onto the crush sleeve which seals it all up. They probably expoxied around the bottom fitting where it comes through the intake to ensure a good seal.

I can try to snap closeup pics tonight when I get home, but there's not much to see unless you take it apart...

Hope this helps.
Rob (Bad30th)
Old 06-09-2009, 10:51 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Bad30th

There is a nut on top of the threaded fitting and a crush sleeve inside, you put the EGR pipe down into the fitting and tighten the nut down onto the crush sleeve which seals it all up. They probably expoxied around the bottom fitting where it comes through the intake to ensure a good seal.

I can try to snap closeup pics tonight when I get home, but there's not much to see unless you take it apart...

Hope this helps.
Rob (Bad30th)
Thanks rob, any way you could get me a link as to where to buy that crush sleeve? and nut or any link for that matter.
Old 06-09-2009, 11:03 AM
12 Second Club

Well, that's the trick - the nut/crush sleeve/threaded fitting are all part of the Swagelok fitting assembly... I guess you can buy the pieces seperately if you can identify them -

I did score and find this though : (credit to 1QUIKWS6 !!)

https://ls1tech.com/forums/3811096-post19.html

"The fitting is nothing more than a compression style tube fitting similar to a Swagelok, Hylock, Parker, Yor-Lok, etc. All I did was left the fitting in the intake but used what is called a 'Plug' in tube fitting terms in place of the nut that came with the fitting. Note that these are NOT the same type of compression fittings that you would pick up in a hardware store for use on copper line (for eg. when plumbing dishwaser supply or ice maker supply) The ferrules inside the fittings are entirely different between the two.

The fitting is a 3/4" Tube OD so the Swagelok P/N is B-1210-P (where the 'B' denotes brass)

Go here: Swagelok Tube Fitting Plug to view the part. Type in the P/N from above and hit 'Go' it will take you right to the part I mention.

Or if you want you can got here: McMaster Carr Search on Brass Tube Fittings - got to bottom of page 123 and you will see the Yor-Lok Brass Compression Tube Fitting Plug #5272K136 $4.57/ea.

Sorry - neither one of these sites would allow me to link directly to the page of their catalog in question...

This is the cleanest and best method of sealing off that port. You don't have to modify the intake in any way and using this method is completely reversible - you can unscrew the plug and use the nut with your egr tube any time."

Hope this helps !
Rob (Bad30th)

Originally Posted by clg82
Thanks rob, any way you could get me a link as to where to buy that crush sleeve? and nut or any link for that matter.
Old 06-09-2009, 01:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by clg82
thanks buddy, if you could snap as many pictures as possible, how does the fitting actually hold the egr in place. I know your supposed to cut it but i'm not sure how the fitting holds it. also how did they have it plummed into the intake can you see? I called slp and they said they used a 1X20 fitting but i can't remember what they said the fitting was. I am doing it this afternoon after work.....slp also said they used some kind of an epoxy on it as well. also what size swagelok do you think they used and is that available at hardware stores or only online?

LOL they told you it was 1"X20 too? that guy you talked to doesn't know what the hell he is talking about. I called him and was given the same info. My deal is that I was looking for a used SLP EGR intake but kept finding them without the top fitting for the EGR tube. Getting tired of this and not wanting to give SLP $625 I decided to figure where the hell to get the fitting. SLP steered me in the wrong direction by giving me the wrong size but after doing a lot of googling and talking to other members here on ls1tech I was able to figure out exactly what I need.

Here's what I had to order from Swagelok for the top fitting
Part Number: B-1212-1
Description: 3/4" NUT
Part Number: B-1213-1
Description: FRONT FERRULES
Part Number: B-1214-1
Description: BACK FERRULE

Getting B-1210-1-16 would give you the top fitting and will also give to the male adapter, from what I can tell without having an SLP modded intake in front of me SLP got this assembly and cut the male adapter short and then threw o-rings, washers, and a nut on the bottom of it.

Here's a pic of the assembly

I don't have my intake yet but I should be getting it on Friday or so, I'll post up pics I got from the seller.

Good luck with your search, I can put up better pics when my intake has arrived.

Here's my first pic where I decided to compare the fitting to the OD of the EGR tube, this is the wrong top fitting that I bought after listening to SLP. Special thanks to SLP for giving out bad info

The intake I'm getting, didn't want to resize them too small

Old 06-09-2009, 01:53 PM
12 Second Club

Good info, thanks for posting it up !!

Rob (Bad30th)
Old 06-09-2009, 02:57 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 4150
LOL they told you it was 1"X20 too? that guy you talked to doesn't know what the hell he is talking about. I called him and was given the same info. My deal is that I was looking for a used SLP EGR intake but kept finding them without the top fitting for the EGR tube. Getting tired of this and not wanting to give SLP $625 I decided to figure where the hell to get the fitting. SLP steered me in the wrong direction by giving me the wrong size but after doing a lot of googling and talking to other members here on ls1tech I was able to figure out exactly what I need.

Here's what I had to order from Swagelok for the top fitting
Part Number: B-1212-1
Description: 3/4" NUT
Part Number: B-1213-1
Description: FRONT FERRULES
Part Number: B-1214-1
Description: BACK FERRULE

Getting B-1210-1-16 would give you the top fitting and will also give to the male adapter, from what I can tell without having an SLP modded intake in front of me SLP got this assembly and cut the male adapter short and then threw o-rings, washers, and a nut on the bottom of it.

Here's a pic of the assembly

I don't have my intake yet but I should be getting it on Friday or so, I'll post up pics I got from the seller.

Good luck with your search, I can put up better pics when my intake has arrived.

Here's my first pic where I decided to compare the fitting to the OD of the EGR tube, this is the wrong top fitting that I bought after listening to SLP. Special thanks to SLP for giving out bad info

The intake I'm getting, didn't want to resize them too small

Thanks for the info, i'll let everyone know how we do it, and how everything goes after we attempt this evening.
Old 06-11-2009, 10:01 AM
On The Tree

Well I ended up just RTV it to where it is supposed to be plummed into the intake. It looks totally stock, but how about the sniffer? Do you think that the egr not working will make that big of a difference to cause me to fail the actual sniffer?
Old 06-11-2009, 07:11 PM
On The Tree

Default ***update***

Well everyone I just got back from the smogger. And I PASSED WITH FLYING COLORS!!! Thank you everyone that put in there .02 cents to help me with this situation!!! Thanks again everyone, i can now sleep better tonight.~Chris

Quick Reply: Help with egr provisions....