Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cali guys

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 11:34 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cali guys

hey this is a question for california members. i lived in turlock ca up until about 4 years ago when i moved to tenn. im planning on moving back this summer and i have a 00 ss camaro. the previous owner removed the cats and im going to need to pass emisions once i get there. is there any way i can do this without putting cats back on it. if not wut cats do you recommend i go with. thanks
Old 06-11-2009, 01:09 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

find some stock ones and put em on there . . . anytime the cat is moved from it original position or removed totally is cause for automatic failure at a smog station i have manifolds and cats then 3inch true duals and it sounds amazing but i definately miss the midrange power i had from my lt's but avoiding the fine of not having them is worth it lol
Old 06-11-2009, 01:55 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

you can buy a smog, if you can find a place that will do that. but id find some stockers or get some carsound/magnaflow cats
Old 06-11-2009, 04:44 PM
Teching In

ok thanks. i guess i will put factory cats back on. and i was also planning on going 3inch true duals and dump it before the axle with flomaster single chambers. you think it will still sound good?
Old 06-11-2009, 07:45 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by DYLANSSS
ok thanks. i guess i will put factory cats back on. and i was also planning on going 3inch true duals and dump it before the axle with flomaster single chambers. you think it will still sound good?
I could help you out but it will cost.. I would recommend what the others said.. unless.. PM me if you need...
Old 06-12-2009, 07:01 AM
Teching In

yeah with the move im really going to be on a tight budget so i dont want to risk anything. wut mufflers would you recommend: flomaster single chambers, moroso spirals or dynomax bullets?
Old 06-12-2009, 04:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

the muffler doesn't really matter so long as you have one
Old 06-14-2009, 10:39 AM
Teching In

oh i know i was just wondering witch would sound better on a setup like that
Old 06-14-2009, 10:36 PM
11 Second Club

I had an interesting conversation about this at a car show this weekend. Is it really fair to let all these stupid Cobra kit cars built post-2000 to pass but god forbid someone puts headers on their car and it is not even allowed in the state?
So far what I have come up with is to get a fabricator to sign a document saying the engine that is in the car, did not come with the car and the car is a custom built vehicle. Then you need some form to declare the car legally built (not stolen) and its still a hassle with the DMV. I know there is a way and one day I will find it.