Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need some info please

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 10:10 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need some info please

i just currently rebuildt my ls1 i put 10.5:1 compression speedpro forged piston and a bigger comp cam .575-.578 lift and its not running right its backfiring and running real rich imost likely new a comp reprogrammer but no one around her does it what do i need to do do u think a hp tune will get it close and i does any one know were a throttle cables at for a 98 camaro gm discontenued the part and ive had no luuck
Old 06-15-2009, 10:14 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bullock081705
i just currently rebuildt my ls1 i put 10.5:1 compression speedpro forged piston and a bigger comp cam .575-.578 lift and its not running right its backfiring and running real rich imost likely new a comp reprogrammer but no one around her does it what do i need to do do u think a hp tune will get it close and i does any one know were a throttle cables at for a 98 camaro gm discontenued the part and ive had no luuck
yes, if you have installed a new cam, then you'll need the computer reporgrammed. we can do a basic tune to get the car close enough to start and drive assuming the work was done correctly and there are no other issues with the car.

feel free to give us a call to set it up.
Old 06-15-2009, 10:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Like Bryan said, it needs a tune b/c of the hotter camshaft.

As far as a throttle cable, look through the classifieds and find someone parting out one of these cars and get one from them. You could also try a locla junkyard if you have one nearby.