Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

With these upgrades, do you think there will be a difference?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2003, 08:46 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default With these upgrades, do you think there will be a difference?

I changing my injectors to the FMS 30LBer's, TSP lid, and a new ed wright tune. Do you think that the car might run a little bit better? I know what a loaded question im asking, but assuming the ED can get the tune right, the in theory should be more responsive right? The reason why I changing my injectors and tune, is becuase even after drilling a 1/4 hole in my NEW bauer TB, the still wont IDLE for Sh*t, my injectors are at like 90% duty cycle, and my SLP lid cracked while I was accelerating the last time i took my car out.
Old 11-10-2003, 08:53 PM
Cal
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The injectors at 90% is a symptom, not the problem. Sounds like you're running too rich at idle. Just scale down your VE 1200 rpm and below. Bigger injectors won't change how the engine idles.
Old 11-11-2003, 01:45 AM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i agree with cal. also sounds like you need a proper dyno tune instead of an ed write mail order tune.

how long have you had the H/C, injectors aint gonna help you get a better idle especially with the 110lsa and your a4.

i drilled out my TB on my cam to 13/64 and it idles fine, havent tuned it at all and im running WAY rich, im an m6 though.