Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LT's with cat back

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 10:25 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LT's with cat back

I'm currently running a Borla catback on my 2000 T/A and am finally looking to go with some LT's, has anyone run LT's with a open system like Borla's? I'm thinking it might be too loud, still looking to keep the car comfortable for daily driving. Thanks!
Old 06-25-2009, 10:43 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by mrmahone
I'm currently running a Borla catback on my 2000 T/A and am finally looking to go with some LT's, has anyone run LT's with a open system like Borla's? I'm thinking it might be too loud, still looking to keep the car comfortable for daily driving. Thanks!
It will be very loud w/ the borla fully open. Depends on your idea of "too loud". Not saying it doesn't sound good but it will be loud.

I have a Corsa w/ my longtubes and I think its perfect.
Old 06-25-2009, 10:50 AM
Teching In

I'm going to have to try to find some Central Florida F Body clubs to sneak a listen at some of their cars Yeah, the Borla wide open is perfect I think with the cats to still talk, listen to the radio, etc.... and still hear that you have a V8. I have a 68 Mustang that gets a little loud... of course no cats, long tubes, free flowing exhaust will do that..... just trying to be cautious without tossing money around!
Old 06-25-2009, 02:29 PM
On The Tree

I am running LT's/ORY and open borla. I am not running any cats. Sounds like at 2000-2300 rpms or so but other than that I love the sound of it, espically when I get on it! I also use my car as a daily driver in the summer and the noise does not bother me.
Old 06-25-2009, 03:25 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

LT's with no cats and a catback=RASPY **** SOUND now if you go LT's with no cats and true duals and chambered resonators it sounds awesome!!!
Old 06-26-2009, 07:32 AM
Teching In

Anyone run LT's with cats and catback? I hear mixed reviews on power losses with that setup, apparently seeing on how not many people seem to run cats it must be significant?
Old 06-27-2009, 12:35 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by mrmahone
Anyone run LT's with cats and catback? I hear mixed reviews on power losses with that setup, apparently seeing on how not many people seem to run cats it must be significant?
Lost just 9 hp exact going from a TRUE DUAL SET-UP with no cats to my current. If you get a GOOD TUNE at a QUALITY SHOP(SpeedInc. here in the Chicago area) this is not an issue. This is dyno proven. No difference with my SS as far as "Seat of the pants" after the switch to the current set-up except it is more fun to drive as it is not so loud it draws attention from everyone including the Cops. Install a cutout(s) if you feel the need to be really loud or for the track.

I HAVE HAD A FAIR AMOUNT OF WORK DONE THERE AND THEY HAVE ALWAYS DONE RIGHT BY ME. (AND, NO, I AM NOT EMPLOYED BY THEM)
Old 06-27-2009, 04:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I have LTs ORY and Borla. I think it was louder before with an open cutout. Its not that loud, especially in the car. Before with a cutout you couldnt really hear anyone in else in your car and now its fine. Ilike it a lot.