Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I have a Q for all of u come in.

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 02:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default I have a Q for all of u come in.

I currently have a 1998 Camaro Z28 with all boltons. I wanted to cam it but decided not to. My question to ya'll is I am now doing suspenion by the way the car is an M6, anyway I have already bought relocation brackets along with LCA's I've been thinking of buying either a panhard bar,torque arm,or possibly gears. I really don't think I need Atorque arm right now cause the car feels weak and barely spins the tires I was thinking of buying a Moser 12 bolt to wake it up a bit. But hate to spend money on all this cause I think I see a Vette in the near future what should I do. Plus I have a pair of brand new MT ET streets.
Old 06-26-2009, 03:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

first and foremost, i think you need to figure out what you are doing or what you want to do. if you " see a vette " in your future then don't spend any money on the car now.
you won't be making any of that money back, at least not all of it.

if you assess your situation, and you are going to put some money into your car, then think about whats going to make you happy. do you want suspension for it to ride nicer and possibly road race, or do you want a cam'd cruiser ??

i went with the cam, even though i had thoughts of getting rid of it. i suggest thinking in depth about where your money will be going. you don't want any regrets down the line.
dont spend money and then change your mind and think, " damn, i shouldv'e done this"
Old 06-26-2009, 03:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i would spend the money on gears AND A REAR END if you go that route.
not sure how hard you drive your car, but might as well strengthen it while you mod it.

i always told myself, if something breaks i will get a replacement part that is bigger and better ( stronger )
Old 06-26-2009, 09:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

i agree with gacspurplez, first you need to be realistic with the car on what u want it to do or if you want a vette. i say don't waste money in the car if you want a vette and plan on not keeping the car. if you plan on keeping the car i would do the basic mods first lid, intake, exhaust, stronger clutch, etc...
Old 06-26-2009, 09:34 PM
On The Tree

I would forget about the vette and buy a 12 bolt and spray it thats all you need it will be fast!