Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Some Exhaust Advice???

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 09:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Some Exhaust Advice???

Ok guys so here is the deal. I have a 99 T/A with H/C and the basic goodies. I am running Pacesetter LT's with 16" bullets. They are nice and sound great, but the cops disagree. I have gotten a ticket already and they are just retarded loud at WOT.

I have decided to go with a set of DMH cutouts for when I want it to be loud, but after that I would like to install mufflers that are quiet. I want to be able to sit next to cops and not have them stare at me like they are waiting for me to do something stupid.

My car is lowered on a Pro kit and I still have the stock Panhard bar and such so no other issues on it other than stock underneath.

Looking for pics of similar setups with dual cutouts for location and the muffler choices that others have used. When I say I want it quiet...I mean quiet....like just stock with a Flowmaster quiet. I have heard a Magnaflow catback with a similar engine setup as mine and it was pretty quiet but its been years and his setup is different now.

I do still want to keep true duals also. Would like to run tips out the back,but not 100% necessary.

Pics would be great, sound clips dont do it for me as they sound nothing like they do in person. ANy help or input is appreciated!!

Dave
Old 07-14-2009, 07:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Wow ..a wealth of info on here now days. Guess people dont like helping out now.
Old 07-14-2009, 08:36 PM
Staging Lane

I don't believe it is a matter of not wanting to help, most of the crew are trying to make theirs perform better and like to make some noise while they are doing it. It sounds to me like you are headed for a full custom exhaust, and I would point you to the guys that are going to do that install. Hanksville here in Colorado just rocks. If you look at his website he has several set ups and one string of pics is true duals on a 4th gen Camaro. I don't believe it has cutouts. Talk to Magnaflow and Flowmaster to get the sound you want, then talk to your installer