Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SES Light+High Idle Code=Problem Help

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 02:21 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SES Light+High Idle Code=Problem Help

hey guys. I was driving my car aout 5 days ago and my SES Light came on. I had a buddy of mine check it out with his scanner and said it was a code P0507(High Idle). I am new to the LSX world, and am just askinf for some help/advice on where to begin on checking things out? I was told at a local shop by me that is code was created by a Vacuum Leak. I would rather be able to fix this problem myself, rather going to take it to a shop and pay whatever they would charge. So again any help or advice would be great.? I have been trying to look up this problem off of older thread but, I dont seem to find what I need to know.
Old 07-14-2009, 02:35 PM
12 Second Club

Received 443 Likes on 354 Posts

Check your PCV hoses. Mine were cracked and sucking in air.
Old 07-15-2009, 12:02 AM
Launching!

The PCV line was taken out. It's been plugged up.

Last edited by STREET99; 07-15-2009 at 12:28 AM.
Old 07-15-2009, 01:09 AM
Launching!

Anyone else with other info?
Old 07-15-2009, 11:35 PM
Launching!

Still need help...Anyone else here that can help or give ideas.
Old 07-16-2009, 08:01 AM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like you have air bypassing the MAF somewhere aka vacuum leak. You can spray carb cleaner, brake cleaner, propane or something else around the engine while listening for an idle change with the engine running. When you hit your leak, you'll know it. In rare instances, I have seen the diaphragm in the brake booster leak, causing this problem. You can also try plugging or pinshing off all of your vacuum lines, one at a time to see if the problem disappears. There is one on the back of the intake that goes to the ventilation system to change levels from dash to vents to floor. If that's not working then there's your vacuum leak. Loose intake or throttle body bolts will also cause the issue.
Old 07-16-2009, 08:49 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by BLOWNBLUEZ06
Sounds like you have air bypassing the MAF somewhere aka vacuum leak. You can spray carb cleaner, brake cleaner, propane or something else around the engine while listening for an idle change with the engine running. When you hit your leak, you'll know it. In rare instances, I have seen the diaphragm in the brake booster leak, causing this problem. You can also try plugging or pinshing off all of your vacuum lines, one at a time to see if the problem disappears. There is one on the back of the intake that goes to the ventilation system to change levels from dash to vents to floor. If that's not working then there's your vacuum leak. Loose intake or throttle body bolts will also cause the issue.
Thanks for the info, I checked out your SIG video and that is one awsome vette you have.