Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

X w/ true dual out the back?

Old 11-17-2003, 07:59 PM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default X w/ true dual out the back?

Can this be dne? I am about to have to dump some cash getting my exhaust the way i want it, and was wondering first, if i could run true duals cutouts after the x, some bullet mufflers, and then over the axle still and have tips out the back(with a TA, I don't think i would like it w//o tips out the back)

anyone tried this before???more work than it's worth? is this stupid?

FYI i am currently running Hooker LT's w/ ory

thanks guys!

Tim
Old 11-17-2003, 08:09 PM
!LS1 11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's not a stupid plan at all. Check out Ls1Speed. It may get tight in there with the cutouts though.
Old 08-21-2004, 12:59 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont think its stupid, but why do it after the X? Im putting mine on right after the headers
Old 08-21-2004, 02:02 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The other option is we all message Fabricator, and tell him we all want new rear end fascia's for our true dual cars so we don't have to run them all the way out the back. He is in the process of starting up his own business doing body kits for our cars. They truely do look incredible. Not rice at all, very classy. I'm sure he could whip up a nice rollpan type idea, not sure what it would look like. Something like the camaro's rear bumper. Something to ponder. Would definitely make you stand out in a crowd.

I am gettin duals in the coming months and don't want the hassle of running them all the way out the back, but yes the car will look a little odd w/o the tips. I'll get used to it tho. The price you pay I suppose. Either way I'm not rearranging my entire suspension just to run true duals out the rear, THEN just to add electric cutouts right after my headers. Thats why I'm running true duals in the first place, to avoid all that mess, LOL.

Search this Thread