Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speed Engineering Rant

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 03:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Speed Engineering Rant

Sunday July 19 I ordered 6 ARP flexplate bolts, I was assured that they would be delivered within 3-4 days. I wanted to get my T400 installed this weekend. Today I call to find out what's happening and I'm told next week mid- week. This is BS, I was told I should have used expedited shipping, BS once again, I already paid ~$12 to ship 6 bolts, which is already outrageous, as it is more than 50%of the cost of the product. I don't like to make it a point of disrespecting a sponsor, but this really pisses me off. Be forewarned!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-24-2009, 04:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Did you ask for a refund for shipping upgrade?
Old 07-24-2009, 04:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Wouldn't do too much good at this point as the bolts are already in transit, so an upgrade would be moot. Three day USPS couldn't be over $3 anyway.
Old 07-24-2009, 05:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ups shouldnt take over 4 days if so it wasent mailed when you were told,**** happens.
Old 07-24-2009, 05:48 PM
Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

This is ridiculous sir. First off you cuss me out on the phone at 8:00 in morning about it and now your making a scene on Tech. Yes, you ordered a set of flywheel bolts last Sunday. You selected ground shipping. We are in California you are in Florida. Ground shipping is 7 business days coast to coast. Yes, our site says average ship time is 3-4 business days, but that doesn't always mean that is correct in every order. We could have been back ordered on the bolts for all that matters. If you needed the products by this weekend you should have let us know in the comment section, or by updating your shipping. At least we could have suggested to you what needs to be done in order to make it happen for this weekend. I apologize for the miss communication. I know you probably don't want to order from us again, but if so I can see what I can do to accommodate you on a future order.

Thanks
Sean
Old 07-24-2009, 07:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

CA to FL by ground? Common sense dude. It takes a good 3 days to do that in a reg car speeding LOL
Old 07-24-2009, 08:37 PM
TECH Resident

on the OP.

Ya got ta give them a reasonable shipping time, or pay extra!
Old 07-25-2009, 12:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 99 Likes on 80 Posts

UPS ground from CA to FL is 5 transit days.

I don't know the formula for UPS but Roadway and Yellow whose transit time is usually more than UPS was always 5 days from coast to coast (I did it for 20 years).

However with Roadway and Yellow if a transit day includes a weekend then one of the weekend days is considered a transit day and you gain a day because you can count one day of the weekend as a transit day.

The day shipped is not considered a transit day. The day of delivery is a transit day.

Example: 5 days
Shipped on Monday delivers on the following Monday (most carriers don't deliver on Sat or Sun)

Example 4 days
Shipped on Monday delivers on Friday.

Example: 5 days - gain a day

Shipped on Tuesday delivers the following Monday. Why? - because one of the days of the weekend is considered a transit day.

So if UPS is the same then all of the above example are the same for UPS.

However is UPS does not include one day of the weekend as a transit day then:

Example: 5 days

Shipped on Monday delivers on the following Monday.

Shipped on Tuesday delivers on the following Tuesday.

Most carriers deliver about 95 percent on time. Service is their game but mistakes happen, so not all shipments arrive on time - weather, breakdowns,over capacity (one box left on shipping dock because every outbound trailer was 100 percent full).

However, it is incorrect to say that it takes seven business days from coast to coast. Seven transit days has to include a weekend adding two days making a total of 9 days from day of pickup to delivery.

If that were the case:

Example: 7 transit days

Shipped on Monday would deliver the following Wednesday.

If your carrier or shipper is telling you it takes nine days coast to coast you need to get a different shipper and carrier.

To the OP.
If you need something by a due date never order on-line. You might be ordering something that isn't in stock.

Call the vendor and ask if it is in stock.
Ask if they ship on the day ordered if in stock. Don't expect to call at 445 pm and expect same day shipping.
Be courteous to the shipper calling as early as possible.
Ask if they provide a tracking number so you can track.
Make sure they commit because you will be calling if no tracking number comes to you via email the next day.
If they give you a tracking number immediately it's probably not accurate unless they hold that specific UPS number for your order.
You can gain a day if you ask to hold at dock for customer pickup meaning you don't have to wait all day for the UPS driver to show. You can pickup at the UPS dock after 8am. Just make sure the shipper notes on the bill of lading that 'Customer will pickup at dock.
Track the shipment. When it arrives pickup the shipment rather than waiting for the UPS driver. Most UPS driver deliver residential delivers last but not always.

If you look at the service map for UPS - most areas of the country deliver in 4 transit days or less. Some overnight. Coast to coast is most times 5 days.
Old 07-25-2009, 12:49 AM
TECH Regular

I hate threads like this complaining about some sponsor here instead of keeping it a private matter. Very child like and unprofessional.
Old 07-25-2009, 01:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

^^ya should be in sponsor feedback or kept to pm's and i dont think it was the right thing to call them and cuss them out that wont help u out at all

/thread
Old 07-25-2009, 01:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Speed Engineering
This is ridiculous sir. First off you cuss me out on the phone at 8:00 in morning about it and now your making a scene on Tech. Yes, you ordered a set of flywheel bolts last Sunday. You selected ground shipping. We are in California you are in Florida. Ground shipping is 7 business days coast to coast. Yes, our site says average ship time is 3-4 business days, but that doesn't always mean that is correct in every order. We could have been back ordered on the bolts for all that matters. If you needed the products by this weekend you should have let us know in the comment section, or by updating your shipping. At least we could have suggested to you what needs to be done in order to make it happen for this weekend. I apologize for the miss communication. I know you probably don't want to order from us again, but if so I can see what I can do to accommodate you on a future order.

Thanks
Sean
To the O.P. I can understand your frustration. When you order a part and expect it to be in your hands when you need it to be and it doesn't turn out that way is very aggrevating. But the above quote from the sponsor is a very mature and responsible approach to try to remedy your situation and get you what you need as well as help prevent this kind of misunderstanding from happening again in the future. For what its worth, try to see it from that point of view and know that nothing like this happens on purpose.

To the sponsor. Again nice post, but I would be very careful who or what you call "rediculous". An unsatisfied customer is like a snowball thrown down a hill. If not given the proper respect the problem multiplies as it grows.

...just my opinion. Take it for what its worth.
Old 07-25-2009, 07:48 AM
Launching!

Not to add fuel to the fire, but I did a quick google search on ARP bolts.
I know we all like to support the site sponsers, but if the OP needed the bolts ASAP, why didn't he purchase them locally?
In doing my google search, I found numerous shops in Florida that sell exactly what the OP was looking for. In fact, I noticed one of the shops is located in Mount Dora, which, according to the OP's sig, is the very town he lives in.
He probably could of driven to it and had them the very same day.
Old 07-25-2009, 12:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Guys, I would have never posted this bitch on LS1 Tech if in fact I didn't believe I had a legitimate complaint. The clerk blew me off, lousy pompous attitude, and that is what irritated me. I was paying $12 shipping for a $22 product, $32 overall. I guarantee the USPS, as inefficient as they are, would have guaranteed shipment in<3-4 days. I think I've been on this board since '02 and always try to give my business to sponsors. I've spent many thousands of $ on this site without issue, SE has seen the last of me, their bad not mine!