Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dynomouth vs. Magnamouth

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2003, 02:03 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Dynomouth vs. Magnamouth

New to the boards!

I would like to know your thoughts on the Dynomouth and Magnamouth exhaust setups. Is there any specific performance gain or sound difference between the two? I plan on running either setup through stock manifolds and cats.

A local muffler shop quoted me $350 to install a Magnaflow round body muffler in the I-pipe to 3" pipe over the axle with dual Magnaflow 3.5" slash cut tips. Stock muffler removed.
Another shop quoted me $300 to install a Dynomax bullet muffler in the I-pipe to 3" pipe over the axle with dual chrome 3.5" tips. Stock muffler removed.

From what I understand, the Dynomax bullet #24222 is used commonly with the Loudmouth. Which Magnaflow muffler would be used for the Loudmouth? The Magnapack or the 4" or 6" round muffler? Any advise will help because I plan on getting the work done soon. Thanks!
Old 11-18-2003, 04:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

be careful with the size muffler you choose, i have the Loudmouth exhaust and with just the resonator, i only have about an inch between it and the driveshaft. Other than that, you just hafta decide on which one you think sounds better.
Old 11-18-2003, 06:03 PM
Teching In

Thanks! The main reason I posted is because I have not heard the sound difference. I have heard the Dynomouth setup. Can anyone post up some sound files of both setups so I can compare and contrast?