Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

custom gmmg help

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2003, 12:44 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question custom gmmg help

Thinking about making my own system, so could someone help me out with a parts list. What size pipe to the I pipe, what bends and how many, what Y pipe to use,etc.

I will be using 2 18" sweet thunder mufflers with 2 1/2 in/out along with slp dual tips.

thanks
Old 12-16-2003, 07:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

to the top
Old 01-08-2004, 06:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

I made my own but started with a Loud Mouth and just spliced in the sweet thunder mufflers with some extra mandrel bends. I already had Hooker LT's and their ory-pipe. I'd just look at the GMMG setup on their site and figure out how many 180 degree U bends you'll need to cut up to make the whole setup.
Old 01-09-2004, 03:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Are you welding it up yourself or taking it to a shop? I'm not sure of bends but I know you'll need the mufflers and a Y-collector.
Old 01-09-2004, 02:55 PM
TECH Regular

Havent you asked this question before? I remember replying to a post pretty much the same as this one.

Whoa I just noticed that its an old post that was brought back from the dead. :p Anyways I found the other post you made to which I replied to.

http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread...ferrerid=12753

ddot: Did you ever get the exhaust made?
Old 01-10-2004, 11:43 PM
Staging Lane

No I didn't , I will be doing it in spring when I take my car back out, thanks for the help . ps. I was not the one who brought this from the dead.
Old 02-04-2004, 09:24 PM
On The Tree

hey FAST LS1 howd you like the sound with the headers/ory/sweet thunder built into loudmouth? was it raspy? I was thinking of puting one sweet thunder chambered muffler into the i pipe to replace the resonator, but haven't heard too much about the muffler
Old 02-05-2004, 12:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by oldskoolz
hey FAST LS1 howd you like the sound with the headers/ory/sweet thunder built into loudmouth? was it raspy? I was thinking of puting one sweet thunder chambered muffler into the i pipe to replace the resonator, but haven't heard too much about the muffler
Even with 2 and a bullet muffler in the I-pipe it's still raspy but not nearly as raspy as a normaly LM. Probably only 25% as raspy as a normal loudmouth. That might be because of the Hooker Y-pipe though since it's been know to cause rasp the way the pipes merge together. It sounds great except for the raspy part. If you plan to put one in the I-pipe be careful because the largest internal baffle they make is 2.5" even if the ends are 3". I wanted to do this at first too till I found out the largest one was only 2.5" internally.