Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another Vic Question

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 01:47 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Another Vic Question

OK, here me out.
I've done my research and I know that a vic jr. will lose torque on the low end. I have a stock ci motor and plan on moving to FI in the next year or 2. I know I want the vic for my FI setup but I also would like to start buying little parts of the set-up that I can use. (ie. intake, fuel system, heads) that won't have to be changed when I switch over.

Cam is the only item in which I plan to have to change when I finally switch over.

So my question is. Not whether it is a good idea or not. Not that I should buy a ls6 intake and then buy vic when I switch. My question is what do I need to do to make the vic work the best on a stock ci setup.
Old 08-14-2009, 04:39 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man thats a big one, The vic is going to swallow the 346 to be honest. Your going to need same dam good heads and a huge custom cam to take adavantge of it. Your going to loose low and mid range power but peak will be up, after you spinit past 7.5k lol. Just collect the parts put it to the side and bolt it up when you go boosted. The other debate is it worth it over a ls6 intake and imho yes. I have one bolted up to my z check out the pics. its a nice intake. I went from a ls6-90/90 to a vic and I like the curveand power over the ls6 and fast 90/90.