Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

question about headers

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2009, 03:46 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default question about headers

Ok, so a few months back and i had a little accident on the highway, where i ran over some metal thing that was laying on the road. Saw it to late to swerve but anyways it left my driverside header with a smashed in flow tube, and gave the y-pipe a good dent as well.

So ive been thinking of just buying the same BBK longtubes & ORY. I was thinking about making installation easier and quicker by just removing the y-pipe and the driverside header and replacing those with the new ones and still leaving the passenger side header on there. Would this be okk?? Or should i just go ahead and replace both headers while im at it.

They've been on since January and dont show signs of rusting or in any kind of bad condition. Seem to be holding up nicely. Im also gonna change the exhaust to a GMMG exhaust into a CME setup.
Old 08-15-2009, 03:55 PM
TECH Regular

Can it not be fixed? That would be way cheaper than replacing. But, either way of course there's nothing wrong with not replacing the header that's fine.
Old 08-15-2009, 05:54 PM
TECH Addict

I havent checked that out yet, just havent had much time to go do that. Ill take some pics of the damage tomorrow and take it to a exhaust shop hopefully sometime this coming week and see what the guy tells me. Y-Pipe i know could be fixed just cutoff the section thats dented and replace with new pipe.

Just thinking if the flowtube cant be fixed, if this would be okk to do or if its just a better idea to go ahead and change both headers.