Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

egr leak=lean?

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2003, 10:54 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question egr leak=lean?

found my egr on my intake was leaking, will it cause it to throw a lean code? Put rtv on it and around it to try and seal it. Seems the threaded part is coming out of the intake.
Old 11-24-2003, 12:18 AM
TECH Resident

If there is a leak there then yes it could throw that code. The throttle determines how much air is needed in the engine, it cannot do a proper job if the engine is sucking air from elsewhere. If the RTV does not work just put an expandable freeze plug in place of the EGR. There are many threads on the subject of removing the EGR. I have had mine off ever since my header install and have not noticed any KR with EFIlive. The only KR I have noticed was once during a WOT run and the EGR does not even work during WOT. Try going to http://www.ls1camaro.net/sections.ph...ticle&artid=70 for more info on how to rid your car of EGR and the AIR systems.
Old 11-24-2003, 12:22 AM
Launching!

If i just put in the freeze plug will I still get a ses code if I leave the pump and lines?
Old 11-24-2003, 05:52 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You shouldn't get a code and a 1 3/8 freeze plug works good.
Old 11-25-2003, 01:44 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by muscleSS00
If i just put in the freeze plug will I still get a ses code if I leave the pump and lines?
No, but if you leave the pump and lines you will get exhaust gas exiting the pump right into your engine bay. I am sure that will not smell to good getting sucked up into your HVAC system. But for a temp. solution sure that will work and there will be no SES light. Once you rid your self of that nasty under the hood monstrosity you will learn to live with the light IMHO.