Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust clearance - section floor..

Old 08-18-2009, 10:37 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Exhaust clearance - section floor..

Ok, I recently installed a 3"-4" Flowmaster merge collector on my car with a 4" Dynomax bullet on the end with a turn down.

I have it tucked up as far as possible, but it still suffers from poor ground clearance.

Awhile ago, I saw a thread on here where a guy sectioned his rear seat floor pan for extra clearance.

I have a rollbar and seat removed so no one will ever sit in the back again. Has anyone done this before? Cut the curved bottom part out and replaced it with a flat piece? That would allow me to hang the muffler A LOT higher.

Should I be worried about structural integrity? How thick is the metal?

(Yes, I do have a welder and cutting tools.)
Old 08-19-2009, 07:41 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was always curious of what people meant by sectioning the car off to.
Old 08-19-2009, 09:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

I was inspecting mine just the other day since I will be doing the passenger !Hump! delete mod soon It looks to be the same sheet metal all throughout the floor of the car, its fairly light gauge and should be easy to cut through with a cut off wheel. Good thing about back there is that, that part of the floor is relatively free of any structural braces so it should be a clean easy cut.
Old 08-19-2009, 09:14 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 01ssreda4
I was inspecting mine just the other day since I will be doing the passenger !Hump! delete mod soon It looks to be the same sheet metal all throughout the floor of the car, its fairly light gauge and should be easy to cut through with a cut off wheel. Good thing about back there is that, that part of the floor is relatively free of any structural braces so it should be a clean easy cut.
Yeah, I didn't think it served much structural purpose, but I don't want my car to fall apart..hah

I don't need to move much of it.
Old 09-05-2009, 09:37 PM
11 Second Club

bump.

Search this Thread