Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car won't start

Old 08-22-2009, 12:43 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car won't start

I came out to my car and after driving just fine that day it just wouldn't start. So basically knowing that there are no mechanical errors and having a code pop up I looked for a scanner. The next day I was able to start the car and drive it then as soon as I got to the shop the thing died. Basically the same distance that I drove the car before but it wouldn't start and when it was running it worked great. So after some trouble shooting I found some fried wires leading behind the starter to I believe the crankshaft position sensor. And the code was for that, so I cut out the burnt sections of the three wires confirmed that there were three wires and replaced the sections of the wire, but have no good way of telling how long the wires were as they crumbled to the touch from being next to the headers. I also only had 14 gauge wire avalable so I am not really sure if the difference in resistance of the 20 gauge wire and the 14 gauge wire makes a difference.

Whatever the case I can't really be sure if it makes a difference until I know I have the wiring right so if anyone has access to all data diy or just has a wiring bundle for a 2000 f body lying there I would really appriciate the help.

I wrote down the proper order of the wiring before taking it apart but the paper I used was mistaken for a piece of trash and thrown away. So if anyone else has access to the pubs to check or just has the wiring bundle sitting out I would be very grateful.

Search this Thread