Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

after intake swap... getting both knock sensor codes!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2009, 10:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default after intake swap... getting both knock sensor codes!!

Ok, so after i swapped from ls1 to ls6 intake and swapped out my stock throttle body to a professional products 85mm tb. I started getting the codes p0327 which is knock sensor low input for bank 1. and p0332 low input for bank 2.

could i have possibly messed up the harness somewhere? like maybe cut it to where both knock sensors are not working? my car was running perfect before the intake and throttle body swap i deleted both these codes and they have just come back. my car still feels like its running good, its not jerky or doesnt stumble. but at idle it does seem like the exhaust fumes have gotten a lil stronger.

and since my car is a 99. i didnt get the 01+ coolant lines. instead i just chipped off the waffle type rivets on the bottom of the intake. and i did not put the foam pads back on because they were kinda beat up.

my car still runs pretty damn good. not sure what is cause the knock sensors to come on. any help is greatly appreciated. i have searched, but have a lot of different answers. just wondering if anybody could help me out.

also is there a wire that maybe i forgot to connect that i took off while doing my intake swap? maybe a wire that connects to the two knock sensors?

thanks,

lee
Old 08-24-2009, 09:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

ya,, when you bolted the intake back down u mite not have gotten the knock sensors wires out of the way and the intake could be cutting in to them.. somewhere to start!! good luck
Old 08-24-2009, 10:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

in the back by the opsu there is a connector for the wires that go to the knock sensors you should be able to feel it back there, see if that is connected
Old 08-24-2009, 01:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

ok guys i will check this stuff out. also read that the foam not being under neath the intake couldve caused my ks to come on. because dirt got in them or something like that.

bump for more help
Old 08-24-2009, 07:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This happened to me when I did my LS6 swap as well. I searched, like you, and found basically the same answers as the two previous responses. Either you've pinched the wire(s) under the intake when bolting it down or you forgot to connect the sensor wire harness (or didn't seat it properly). In my case, it turned out I didn't connect the harness at all. I hooked it back up, cleared the codes and she's run like a champ since.
Old 08-24-2009, 07:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by nytmare1
This happened to me when I did my LS6 swap as well. I searched, like you, and found basically the same answers as the two previous responses. Either you've pinched the wire(s) under the intake when bolting it down or you forgot to connect the sensor wire harness (or didn't seat it properly). In my case, it turned out I didn't connect the harness at all. I hooked it back up, cleared the codes and she's run like a champ since.

can i still check the harness while the intake is on?
Old 08-24-2009, 09:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yep just reach around by the opsu and it should be right there
Old 08-25-2009, 10:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tripblackls1
yep just reach around by the opsu and it should be right there
i will have to try it again later today. checked last night but didnt feel ****.

i dont think my knock sensors are bad because both of my knock sensor codes are going off. either i didnt plug the wire in, or i mustve damaged the wire while putting the intake on.
Old 08-25-2009, 03:37 PM
On The Tree

i did this swapping my ls6 intake,changed my knock sensors and pinched my harness,cut and sliced new wires in and still got an issue
Old 08-25-2009, 03:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

This seems to be a common issue. Buddys situation was similiar to yours, we put his LS6 on (grinded the fins off and tapped the coolant lines down) and it started triggering Bank 2 code. We had grinded the foam off as well, so we pulled it back off and replaced it with some fabric store foam. We also figured the coolant lines could be rattling against the valley cover so we put silicone under them to stabilize them. Still had the code. We took it back off again and replaced both knock sensors and the code went off for about 6 months. Now it has started to come back on again???? Im not sure what our next move is going to be.
Old 08-25-2009, 04:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

ok guys issue is solved!

it was an error on my behalf.

I forgot to plug in the knock sensor harness. that is why both of my ks were going off! One thing is for sure, beer and working on cars is not a good mixture LOL.

thanks to all for helping!!

Lee

Quick Reply: after intake swap... getting both knock sensor codes!!