Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My 418 stroker is done for now!

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 10:09 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default My 418 stroker is done for now!

I FINALLY got the motor done, after 3 weeks in the body shop for a ding from the ex-gf, many late nights and trips to home depot and Napa I finally got the headers, FAST intake, TB, MAF, injectors and K&N intake installed. I had originally planned to stay with just a Z06 style intake but due to the 90mm tb the stocker would have choked it too much, so I picked up a used K&N for cheap.
The install was one with many headaches, I couldn't get the car up high enough for the headers, the MAP sensor hit the back of the firewall with the new intake so I had to relocate it, the fuel rails covers don't fit anymore so I either gotta dremel them or do some wire clean up, a PVC hard line had to be swapped for a soft line to fit behind the intake, the new air bridge had to be modified for fittings for the PVC breather system and the IAT sensor since my car is a 2000.
Headers on the floor:

Tuner installing the wideband:

42# injectors and painted intake, which came out nice but too damn expensive :

Headers on:

(If you wondering why theirs only one spark plug boot it's cause Advanced only had one pack, thankfully only 2 wires were close enough to need them.)
Relocated MAP, it usually sits on the back of the intake but had clearance issues:

"Modified air bridge" It'll be fixed better later, I just wanted the car running asap right now:

Replaced PVC hose from hard to soft. It runs behind the intake from the Dr side valve cover to the passenger side valve cover:

No sound clips, but it does sound wicked. It wasn't wide band tuned cause it had an exhaust leak when we started it. I'm leaving for Birmingham Wednesday morning, when I come back Friday night It's getting wide band tuned. I was able to drive it around the block though and you can tell it's going to be a monster once it's running right, it makes the blood and tears all worth it

All that's left is a good set of heads, but the car should be plenty for me for now. Once it's paid off things will be re-evaluated.
My full specs are LS3/L92 block, bore and stroked to 418ci
Fully balanced rotating assembly, forged Diamond Pistons, Oliver Billet steel rods, Melling's oil pump, Comp Cam 251/258 .625" lift, FAST 90 intake, Nick Williams 90mm TB, 85mm GM MAF, SVO 42# injectors, K&N FIPK intake, LG Street 1 3/4 LT headers & x-pipe, GM 317 casting heads, milled .030 w/intake/exhaust port work, Magnaflow exhaust.
Old 08-31-2009, 10:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Looks good man, congrats!

Quick Reply: My 418 stroker is done for now!