Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tsp 1 7/8 headers. Anyone running them?

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2009, 01:38 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Tsp 1 7/8 headers. Anyone running them?

Anyone running these? I have some brand new ebay headers that fit great. Never even started the car as im doing several other things at the same time. Went to pull the trans to swap convertors and the headers hug really close to the k member. So close the motor wouldnt rock back to let me get the top bellhousing bolts because the headers were resting on the k member supporting the motor. So I had to remove them just to pull my trans. Don't feal like doing that again incase something happens to my tranny. Anyways I'm looking at either the pacesetters or the tsp headers. I have a friend who has the tsp headers on a vette and their awesome. Anyone run these on a fbody? Clearance, fitment, quality? Thanks
Old 09-08-2009, 09:12 PM
12 Second Club

still curious. Looking to get new headers withing the next couple of weeks.
Old 09-08-2009, 10:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All I've heard is good things about the tsp headers but try a search and you'll probably find something.
Old 09-08-2009, 11:32 PM
LSX Mechanic

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

The fitment on the 1 7/8 is pretty good. I've installed 2 sets and didn't have a problem with either of them. Only booger is the driver side, which requires the mount & steering knuckle to be moved before it'll slide in. Other than that, easy greasy.
Old 09-09-2009, 12:07 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Damian
The fitment on the 1 7/8 is pretty good. I've installed 2 sets and didn't have a problem with either of them. Only booger is the driver side, which requires the mount & steering knuckle to be moved before it'll slide in. Other than that, easy greasy.
thats funny i did not have to move **** for my tsp headers my 2 cents
while your down there install new motor mounts so you dont have to take out the headers again they are a pain in the *** to do but easier when installing headers the tsp install took me about 3 hours tear down and 2 install
Old 09-09-2009, 08:21 AM
12 Second Club

I have them the header rubs agaisnt my steering which makes the car hard as **** to steer but I am not crying about it just informing you
Old 09-09-2009, 08:46 AM
11 Second Club

Mine dont rub on the steering knuckle...Mine fit great, wouldnt trade them for anything.
Old 09-09-2009, 10:11 AM
12 Second Club

Thats good to hear. I probably don't neccassarilly need 1 7/8 but for only a $100 bucks more than pacesetters I figured it would give me room to grow when needed. Anyone have any noticable lack of bottom end power after these?

thats funny i did not have to move **** for my tsp headers my 2 cents
while your down there install new motor mounts so you dont have to take out the headers again they are a pain in the *** to do but easier when installing headers the tsp install took me about 3 hours tear down and 2 install
I've looked at a couple of writeups on installing the motor mounts. They usually say to drop the altenator and the a/c compressor. Is that still neccassary because I have a procharger mounted in front of my altenator and dont feel like messing with the a/c. I was hoping I could put them in from the back if I decided to.