Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

whata ya think

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2009, 08:44 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default whata ya think

i had a borla system but it was just not loud enough for me had a good tone but not my style. so i have it off right now trying to sell. i am going to gut my cats and thinking of putting a 2.5 bullet dynamax muffler on the end of the y pipe where they come together, and dump it befor the rear.
1. do you think there will be enough back pressure with no cats and just 1 bullet muffler.
2. i want loud but do want some tone, yall think that is the best muffler to put in that will make it the loudest.
thanks for the help, just wanting some opinions
Old 09-12-2009, 09:08 PM
Staging Lane

Default also

also what do you think about or anyone heard the new flowmaster race muffler, or any other suggestions for what i am going for, just remember i am going to be running stock manifolds and gutted cats so wont have as good of tone as it would if i had Lt. but i do want it loud as it can be.
Old 09-13-2009, 11:04 AM
Staging Lane

Default ttt anyone

anyone have and opinion on the new flowmaster outlaw race series muffler or the dynomax bullet.
Old 09-13-2009, 04:48 PM
On The Tree

I THINK it should sound pretty good, and it wont be THAT loud because of the stock manifolds and y pipe. Heck, i have a cutout with stock manifolds and y pipe and it sounds real good and its fairly loud but its not loud enough to wake up the dead or anything. These ls'1s dont need back pressure, the more free flowing the better. I would reccomend just getting a cutout installed.
Old 09-13-2009, 06:00 PM
Staging Lane

Default cats or no cats

are you running cats or no cats though. should be louder with no cats then wont have hardly any backpressure.
Old 09-13-2009, 06:04 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

flowmaster outlaw race muffler is pretty loud

My buddy has one on his 05 Dodge 3500 cummins and his is by far louder than my 03 Dodge 3500 cummins. The big kicker here is that his is all stock piping/gutted cat, until after the muffler, where it's 4". I have a straight 5" exhaust with no muffler/cats at all.
Old 09-17-2009, 05:04 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by camaross00black
are you running cats or no cats though. should be louder with no cats then wont have hardly any backpressure.
Stock manifolds, stock cats. Still loud and still sounds damn good. I say cutout is the way to go for you. The vids on the web never sound anything like what they really do so dont judge by that.