Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Coolant line under intake.

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2009, 12:17 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Coolant line under intake.

Does anyone know if there is a way to fashion some kind of bypass or something for the coolant line that runs under the intake on an LS1? I am installing a Fast 90 and having clearance issues so it has to come out, but I don't want to spend the $75 to by one from TSP or Ebay. Thanks for any help.
Old 09-14-2009, 03:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Go in internal and search. You just grind the bottom of the intake to clear.
Old 09-14-2009, 08:12 PM
Staging Lane

I am not sure I understand....I didn't think the wall was thick enough to do that?
Old 09-14-2009, 10:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Its not, do not grind the bottom of your fast intake,,,,,, He is talking about an LS6 intake swap. What you need to do is buy the LS6 coolant tube setup. what it does is connects the two front ports together and eliminates the rear ports, using GM specific plugs. unfortunately its another hidden cost of the fast swap. When I did mine I had to do the swap. If you want to be cheap, I belive you could buy the rear plugs, which I believe are about 3 dollars apiece and modify your front tube by cutting the portion off that runs to the rear, and just plugging it. Personally I would swap and get the LS6 coolant tubes and not worry about it.

BUT DO NOT GRIND ON THE BOTTOM OF YOUR FAST INTAKE....
Old 09-14-2009, 11:43 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by RARON455
Its not, do not grind the bottom of your fast intake,,,,,, He is talking about an LS6 intake swap. What you need to do is buy the LS6 coolant tube setup. what it does is connects the two front ports together and eliminates the rear ports, using GM specific plugs. unfortunately its another hidden cost of the fast swap. When I did mine I had to do the swap. If you want to be cheap, I belive you could buy the rear plugs, which I believe are about 3 dollars apiece and modify your front tube by cutting the portion off that runs to the rear, and just plugging it. Personally I would swap and get the LS6 coolant tubes and not worry about it.

BUT DO NOT GRIND ON THE BOTTOM OF YOUR FAST INTAKE....
Where do I get the plugs?
Old 09-15-2009, 01:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

You can get them from a lot of sponsors on this site, or you can probably get them from your local dealer.

The GM part number for them is

GM Part # 12602540 you will need 2

Hope this helps
Old 09-15-2009, 07:05 PM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

We have them here:

http://www.thunderracing.com/catalog...vid=3&pcid=177

20-12602540 GM Coolant Plug - Used when converting from LS1 style intake to LS6 or LSX style intake. (2 required)

20-12602544 GM Coolant Crossover Pipe - Used when converting from LS1 style intake to LS6 or LSX style intake.

This will duplicate the setup on LS6 cars. You do not need the coolant seals with the new style plugs and crossover tubes we carry.

Thanks,
Shane