Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cutout question??

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 02:08 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cutout question??

Thinking about getting a cutout for my '02 Z28. I have stock manifolds and a flowmaster 80s series which was on the car when I bought it, not by choice. I know this exhaust is fairly restrictive and I figured a cutout would help free things up. But I've heard that a cutout can mess up the fuel/air ratio and cause problems for the O2 sensors. Would a cutout really cause problems?
Old 09-15-2009, 02:36 PM
Staging Lane

dont really know, but i have a friend who runs his cutout open all the time.. no problems so far....
Old 09-15-2009, 03:11 PM
Staging Lane

no it does not hurt anything. what you should do is get rid of the flowmaster cause there worthless. but dont get rid of your cats or the car will sound like ***. i suggest going to a exhaust shop and have them make you one cause there not worth buying.
Old 09-15-2009, 07:48 PM
FormerVendor

If you plan on running a single cutout in the I pipe plenty downstream from the 02's you should be fine. Your computer will adjust over time but may tend to throw more fuel at the motor than is necessary because it will be compensating for a lean condition. This is exaggerated with long tubes.