Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

True duals to slp lm1

Old 09-21-2009, 11:55 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default True duals to slp lm1

Alright ive been reading nothing but slp lm1 is very loud. My question is how could it be any louder than the true dual setup i have now dumped at the axle. Ive listen to clips of this type of exhaust non stop just to hear it being to loud to use, and it sounds so much quiter than what i have now. Iono jw first time buying exhaust but thxs for listening haha

Travis
Old 09-21-2009, 01:33 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by t/a for life
Alright ive been reading nothing but slp lm1 is very loud. My question is how could it be any louder than the true dual setup i have now dumped at the axle. Ive listen to clips of this type of exhaust non stop just to hear it being to loud to use, and it sounds so much quiter than what i have now. Iono jw first time buying exhaust but thxs for listening haha

Travis
it will be raspier because of the y pipe. i wouldnt go back to a y pipe/caback setup if i were you. id spend the money getting the TDs taken all the way back.
Old 09-21-2009, 03:17 PM
TECH Addict

it shouldn't be louder. your dumps are so loud because the sound is bouncing off the ground
Old 09-21-2009, 03:48 PM
Launching!

thxs for the info im not to worried bout the raspy noice im just over the setup its caused me nothing but trouble and i need something more dd reliable having my exhaust like 1" off the ground doesnt cut it anymore for me haha
Old 09-21-2009, 04:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

what about LM2 ?? it has a bullet muffler instead of a resonator, which will quiet the exhaust a bit.

what about a tsp rumbler ? smae concept with the bullet muffler but less expensive
Old 09-21-2009, 04:04 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

**** man, I'm gonna do the opposite, going from LM1 to true duals, can't use the TSP one though cause I have a tunnel mount TA. LM1 is nothing compared to duals, heard the comparison and I ain't impressed with my LM1.
Old 09-21-2009, 05:34 PM
Launching!

haha in about a week ill have my whole true dual setup up for sale 350 obo in about a week or so
Old 09-21-2009, 07:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

lm1 is quiter to you because most people use it on the stock exhaust manifolds and Y I think

try to see if the problem (only 1" off the ground) is because of the car is lowered or it it can be tucked higher by an exhaust shop or another system that`d fit higher
Old 09-21-2009, 09:09 PM
Launching!

my car is lowered and it was tucked as much as possible from the previous owner of the car. Me and him talk often. But loved the slp lm on my white t/a granted all i had was a lid but oh well it will be all good.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: True duals to slp lm1