Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Poor Performance Please Help

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2009, 07:39 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Poor Performance Please Help

Ok here is the question. I recently completed a Hooker Super Comp Ceramic LT & ORY install. It went pretty good Changed the plugs & Wires while i was there. Runs great unless it it raining heavly. When there is alot of rain or water on the road during normal acceleration, the car feels as if it running on 4`6 cylinders. If you romp down on it it clears out for a while. Very annoying has anyone ever experienced this problem? If so what was the problem?
Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 10-09-2009, 11:50 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

did you get a tune after the LT install?
Old 10-10-2009, 07:03 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Bama99z
Ok here is the question. I recently completed a Hooker Super Comp Ceramic LT & ORY install. It went pretty good Changed the plugs & Wires while i was there. Runs great unless it it raining heavly. When there is alot of rain or water on the road during normal acceleration, the car feels as if it running on 4`6 cylinders. If you romp down on it it clears out for a while. Very annoying has anyone ever experienced this problem? If so what was the problem?
Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.
Something is getting wet.Maybe water somehow getting in through your filter or a sensor down low getting wet.A tune has nothing to do with it.If it were the rear 02s it would be doing it all the time not just when it RAINS.See if maybe water is running in on your pcm also under the hood.
Old 10-10-2009, 07:05 AM
TECH Regular

No I havent got a professional tune yet. I just done the hand held route. I already had it before the LT install. But the problem only arises after alot of rain or when there is alot of rain is on the road. Ran good for a month or so. It may be the tune but i dont think so, i would think if it was the tune it would do it all of the time, and also it should of done it as soon as soon as the installatio was completed.
Old 10-10-2009, 08:11 AM
Staging Lane

No I havent got a professional tune yet. I just done the hand held route. I already had it before the LT install. But the problem only arises after alot of rain or when there is alot of rain is on the road. Ran good for a month or so. It may be the tune but i dont think so, i would think if it was the tune it would do it all of the time, and also it should of done it as soon as soon as the installatio was completed.
Its not the tune and its not the headers.Something is getting wet.ONLY CASE.
Old 10-10-2009, 08:21 AM
Staging Lane

Heres what u do.Take a water hose and try to track it.Check the rubber seal in the hood by the pcm.Look at the crank shaft sensor.Look at the knock sensors which are doubtful but could be a possibility of getting wet and pulling timing.Check the air dam and your filter possibly pulling water into the intake.
Old 10-10-2009, 08:38 AM
Staging Lane

Also ck the harness that runs from the pcm down the passenger side inner fender for the starter, crank sensor, etc. it runs close to the header and the heat wrap on it is questionable, it may have burnt through to the wiring. I had this problem with my car.
Old 10-10-2009, 08:45 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 95hawk467
Also ck the harness that runs from the pcm down the passenger side inner fender for the starter, crank sensor, etc. it runs close to the header and the heat wrap on it is questionable, it may have burnt through to the wiring. I had this problem with my car.
Yeah I had the same problem but all that does is blow the fuse for the mass air and 02 sensors as they are on the same fuse.Im not trying to be a smartass or anything so please dont take me the wrong way.He was saying it only happens when it rains or there is water on the road.
Old 10-10-2009, 11:12 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

mine only did it in the rain and it was more than an inch away form the headers when i took the passenger header back off the wire insulation was all gone and never it blew a single fuse.

Last edited by KRAZY K 2000 TA; 10-10-2009 at 11:14 AM. Reason: typo
Old 10-10-2009, 10:52 PM
TECH Regular

Guys thanks for all of your input hopefully I will have some time to check out the problem tomorrow. I had to watch football all day today.RTR!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-11-2009, 12:31 AM
Launching!

Guys thanks for all of your input hopefully I will have some time to check out the problem tomorrow. I had to watch football all day today.RTR!!!!!!!!!!!
02 sensors, change em!
Old 10-11-2009, 08:11 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get out there tonight after football and start the car in a nice dark place - chances are you will see some arcing, if not use a spray bottle and wet the area down gradually if you get no results up top - suspect your 02 sensor wiring.