Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reference source for Sensor locations, functions, connectors, etc?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 02:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Reference source for Sensor locations, functions, connectors, etc?

I've got my LQ9 sitting on an engine stand, waiting for me to do a thousand and 1 things to it before I put it into my IROC. Step one is to understand it, and a big part of that is to identify and understand every sensor on the motor and to know every plug on the harness. For my TPI motors I've got a book that does just this. It's got all of the sensors, their function, and their location. It was hugely valuable in helping me understand how that motor works, and also gave me visual identification of every sensor & plug, which was a huge help when it came time to plug in the engine harness... especially when I swapped to a different year harness & computer.

Now with the new motor I need to go even further... in addition to knowing what these sensors are, I need to get intimately familiar with the harness so that I can modify it to work in my car.

Is there a good publication (other than the factory service manual or haynes/chilton style manual) or online resource that has this sort of information? I've got a couple books on building/modifying Gen III/IV motors, but none of them get into sensors & wiring.
Old 10-19-2009, 08:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Anybody? There's got to be somewhere that has this type of information.

Last edited by Jim85IROC; 10-19-2009 at 08:37 AM.
Old 10-19-2009, 08:07 PM
TECH Addict

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

http://www.eficonnection.com/eficonn..._pigtails.aspx

Good place to start. Post pics of the ones you have issues with. I posted a detailed how-to thread for building LS1 harnesses on TGO which should cover most of your following questions
Old 10-20-2009, 10:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks. That link was helpful. This will help me identify what everything is so that I can label it before pulling the harness.