Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will I need to upgrade fuel injectors??

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 11:07 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will I need to upgrade fuel injectors??

Hey guys, Ive been putting A LOT of thought about what exactly I want to do with my car...a near stock ls1, and I think ive narrowed down how much money I want to put in it and such. Heres what Im thinking: LT headers and ORY setup or possibly true duals (still need to spend more time on ls1sounds.com), ported stock tb, LS6 intake manifold, POSSIBLY a mild cam, and a 100 shot of nitrous or so. My question is, obviously I believe Ill have to upgrade the fuel system, will the stock ls1 injectors be suffcient for my set up? Ive heard of guys using either ls6 injectors or the ones off GTP grand prixs but Im just not sure. I know Ill want to upgrade the fuel pump as well with the nitrous, and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions regarding the fuel pump upgrade? I already have a lid and magnaflow catback on the car (how i bought it), is there anything else I am missing here as far as supporting mods or necessity mods go? Any help is greatly appreciated! Just reading on this website has taught me alot about fbodys already, cant wait to dive in and start my little budget build
Old 10-21-2009, 11:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

I think as long as you go with a wet shot for the nitrous then your stock injectors will be fine.
Old 10-21-2009, 11:30 PM
TECH Addict

the spray is your only concern... so as you start getting into heads and cam your will want to look into bigger injectors
Old 10-22-2009, 01:11 PM
Teching In

ok, thanks appreciate it, just wasnt sure because I want to start ordering some of this stuff.