Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How Do you like my PCV system

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 09:57 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How Do you like my PCV system

roughed it up a week or two ago looking to maybe change catch can down the road and i want to plum it with braided steel line just wanted you input to see how people like it or should i do it differently let me know seems to be working well.
Attached Thumbnails How Do you like my PCV system-100_2981.jpg  
Old 10-22-2009, 10:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

not bad. what is that white stuff over the motor, salt?

If you can clean it up and ditch the hose clamps it'll look good.

How much oil acumulates in that tube?
Old 10-22-2009, 10:25 PM
Launching!

Default pcv

the white stuff is just dirt live on a lime rock road gonna detail it up this week end i want to use braided line to plum it for the final install so no hose clamps its been on for almost 3 weeks and it has a little over a table spoon in it
Old 10-22-2009, 11:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

thats cool! do a write-up on it
Old 10-23-2009, 02:53 AM
12 Second Club

it dont look like you have it connected to the valve cover if not the pcv system is not doing what its suposed to.
it has to be connected to the valve cover it wont work by just running it back in to the intake
Old 10-23-2009, 05:50 AM
11 Second Club

Looks good. I've never found those air water separators very effective though.
Old 10-23-2009, 04:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by shaun
it dont look like you have it connected to the valve cover if not the pcv system is not doing what its suposed to.
it has to be connected to the valve cover it wont work by just running it back in to the intake
look at where it says "fresh air vent", it looks like that brass fitting is where it goes into the valve cover
Old 10-23-2009, 04:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Does it interfere with the throttle cable...?

If it does, then replace the "fresh air vent" tube with a length of fuel hose and route it under the throttle cable and bracket...

You might need the right-angle bib that comes off the throttle body.
Old 10-23-2009, 05:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by shaun
he's using the LS6 valley cover, not the ls1 pcv system
Old 10-23-2009, 07:06 PM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Quick99TransAm
roughed it up a week or two ago looking to maybe change catch can down the road and i want to plum it with braided steel line just wanted you input to see how people like it or should i do it differently let me know seems to be working well.
Hey man, can ya do us all a favor......thats a pretty simple, cool set up right there. The way you have it set up is good to go.

Go pick up like 6 inches of clear 3/8" hose. Connect it to the vacuum port on the intake, then connect it to the oil/air separator.

Then start the engine and let it get to operating temp and while its idling, see if you can see any oil being sucked into the clear tube and going into the intake. The suction at idle will be at its highest sitting idling.

Thanks

Old 10-23-2009, 07:13 PM
Launching!

Default pcv

i will get the clear hose tomorrow the seperator in place now i just had laying around planning on getting a rev extreme or similar catch can just trying this out for now if anyone one has suggestions or comments let me know this is trial and error can change it at anytime plus i will update the post with results so people will know what works and what doesnt
Old 10-23-2009, 10:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Yeah I have a similar setup. Yes oil will still get sucked thru. I really need to get a REAL catch can :/
Old 10-27-2009, 10:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LS6427
Hey man, can ya do us all a favor......thats a pretty simple, cool set up right there. The way you have it set up is good to go.

Go pick up like 6 inches of clear 3/8" hose. Connect it to the vacuum port on the intake, then connect it to the oil/air separator.

Then start the engine and let it get to operating temp and while its idling, see if you can see any oil being sucked into the clear tube and going into the intake. The suction at idle will be at its highest sitting idling.

Thanks

The suction at idle will be the highest, but blowby will not be high until 3,000+rpm's. Thats where most oil gets sucked through