Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Damn Exhaust! anyone help me out? duals?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2009, 07:14 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Damn Exhaust! anyone help me out? duals?

i have the cheap ebay special LT's on my car and i cant get a decent shop around here to even attempt to fit it up the way i want. it seems like there isnt even a decent exhaust shop anywhere anymore.

so im looking into doing it myself since open headers arnt cutting it at all. im looking for the cheapest way to run true duals and probly dump them in front of the axle. i know what youll all say. use the search button, i did. i found alot of pics on the setup i want to run but not really sure how to go about it from the headers to the h pipe. haha after that i think i could proly handle it the 20 inches to the axle and dumps. just looking for a little guidence on how to bend my own 2 3/4" pipe or find someone around the mid indiana area that doesnt suck and can actually do a decent job on a 4th gen. any suggestions? i have 2 days before our next dyno session so im in a bit of a hurry.
Old 10-30-2009, 11:32 AM
Launching!

Buy some pre-made bends from summit. Think it out carefully, cut to preference, tac it up to ensure proper fit, then weld it up for good. Hope you're a decent welder
Old 10-30-2009, 02:10 PM
12 Second Club

im a real good welder but i think im gonna go with the band clamp setup if i can get it done that way. cause ill have to pull it off to pull the trans and such. just surious if anyone had a cheap place to buy pre bent and all that junk.
Old 10-30-2009, 02:27 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by NAVY99B4C
im a real good welder but i think im gonna go with the band clamp setup if i can get it done that way. cause ill have to pull it off to pull the trans and such. just surious if anyone had a cheap place to buy pre bent and all that junk.
You can rout it around the tranny, and if you're dumping it before the axle you should be good welding it up. Nothing wrong with using some good band clamps though. Only part that would be useful to be able to take off it just do it as a unit off the header. It's not that much piping. Hopefully someone in here knows of a place that has cheaper piping than summit.
Old 10-31-2009, 11:04 AM
11 Second Club

I got a box of 3" mandrel bends off ebay that were blems for like $50 shipped and have built 2 exhausts so far. This is the cheapest route to go and pick up some 3" pipe from napa.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/10-As...Q5fAccessories
Old 11-09-2009, 11:45 AM
12 Second Club

got it done, true duals! found a custom corvette shop here in town and got in with them and they did a hell of a job on a set of duals with turn down before the axle. only cost me 180 bucks and a couple cans of high temp VHT header paint so it wouldnt get all nasty lookin and im happy with it.
Old 11-09-2009, 08:41 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What kind of mufflers did you use?
Old 11-10-2009, 06:45 AM
TECH Junkie

Old 11-10-2009, 11:13 AM
Teching In

This the cheapest place to get mandrel bends period..http://www.mandrel-bends.com/catalog/
just cut weld and use v-band connections where you need to remove your exhaust
Old 11-10-2009, 08:52 PM
12 Second Club

i just ran some custom made turbo tubes, just like a glass pack basically but it sounds like a nascar at WOT. and it is almost to loud just driving. ill post up some pics tommorrow guys.