Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lingenfelter 2 step causing car not to run

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2009, 07:45 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lingenfelter 2 step causing car not to run

On my way to school this morning I stopped at Hardee's to grab some breakfast, walk back to my car go to crank it and it just turned over. finally it fired but then immediately died. my buddy showed up and watching a coil to see if spark would jump across one of the plug wires and it wouldnt. so i unplug the two step and bam car cranks and runs fine. has anyone had this problem so far, or any ideas on what might cause this?
Old 11-04-2009, 06:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i had found out when mine got wet it did funny things to the car (no power, sputtering and dieing)
Old 11-04-2009, 07:07 PM
TECH Regular

well i washed my car a couple nights ago, after it dried out did everything start working ok?
Old 11-05-2009, 07:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

probably just some moisture got there. try putting dialectic grease on the connections. it helps keep moisture out, you could also try spraying wd-40 around the area.
Old 11-14-2009, 10:04 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default LNC start up problem

Is your LNC working ok now? I have never heard of any customers having problems with our 2-step due to wate/normal washing (although we do warn against using a power washer for cleaning under the hood as this can hurt all kinds of things).

Feel free to contact us directly if this problem continues.

Originally Posted by cody161
On my way to school this morning I stopped at Hardee's to grab some breakfast, walk back to my car go to crank it and it just turned over. finally it fired but then immediately died. my buddy showed up and watching a coil to see if spark would jump across one of the plug wires and it wouldnt. so i unplug the two step and bam car cranks and runs fine. has anyone had this problem so far, or any ideas on what might cause this?
Old 11-14-2009, 11:00 PM
12 Second Club

I also had a problem, no power, stuttering but as soon as you would unplug it run just fine. So after a few phone calls we decided it was ran to close to the coil packs so we rewired it more to the front of the car and haven't had any problems since.
Old 11-15-2009, 09:23 AM
Staging Lane

so GSXR, where exactly did you mount your two-step??