Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fast 90 install, need some help

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 03:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Fast 90 install, need some help

I'm finally installing my ported fast 90 intake and when I went to swap the map sensor over I noticed that it was extremely loose. Has anyone else experianced this? Did a new one fit better? Also, on the drivers side of the old intake there are 2 things that have wires going to them. 1 has a tube that runs from the intake, behind the throttle body and had a fuel line connected to it. What is this and do I leave it disconnected? The other thing has vacumm lines running to it, what's this for and can I remove it also? If not what/where did you guys place these items?
Old 11-08-2009, 03:54 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

everyone experienced the MAP senor being loose, it seals up from manifold vacuum when you start the engine. Most people just seal around the outer edge with a few dabs of RTV.

The other stuff Id have to have pics, I don't have an F-body so I don't know what "Things" refer to.
Old 11-09-2009, 09:48 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

The tube that goes behind the throttle body with the fuel line connecting to it is the fuel evap line. I forget about what the other line is for as I don't have it connected anymore either. I think it's for the air pump, I think.
Old 11-09-2009, 10:30 AM
TECH Junkie

i cut a piece of rubber hose and stuck it under the MAP sensor bracket...snugged up the fit nicely.
Old 11-09-2009, 06:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by The Alchemist
The tube that goes behind the throttle body with the fuel line connecting to it is the fuel evap line. I forget about what the other line is for as I don't have it connected anymore either. I think it's for the air pump, I think.
I thought that was the fuel evap line. I'm going to remove both of them.
Old 11-09-2009, 06:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by teke184
i cut a piece of rubber hose and stuck it under the MAP sensor bracket...snugged up the fit nicely.
My fast didn't have the map sensor bracket like the ls6 did. Are you talking about removing the seal thats on it and replacing it with hose? Apperciate the help too guys.
Old 11-10-2009, 08:35 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I placed some rtv around the edge of the MAP sensor and then clamped it overnight, making sure to give it plenty of time to fully cure. Worked like a champ.